Thank you, Jimmy Fallon. . .

By 5/18/2014 , , , , ,

I've got a new man crush. 

Jimmy Fallon. 


You can love me or hate me. But he's hilarious. In a refreshing and relatively clean way. And lately, I just can't seem to get enough of him. 

So, me being the nerd I am, I did a little research on my friend named Jimmy. 

James Thomas Fallon was born September 19, 1974 in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, New York. His parents are Gloria and James W. Fallon, harboring numerous European blood lines basically creating a melting pot within the family. 

When he was a young child, his parents edited Saturday Night Live for him because he enjoyed it so much. At a young age, he could do impressive impressions starting with James Cagney. In high school he would perform comedy shows and found he also had musical abilities which helped in his performances. He attended The College of Saint Rose in Albany, New York and continued to do comedy and entertaining. 

Later he entered comedy shows and eventually started tours around the country until in in 1998, he landed a spot on the Saturday Night Live team, primarily because of his impersonations.

In 2009 he was offered the Late Night Show, which he hosted until 2014. And now, drum roll please, he hosts the Tonight Show. Quite the ladder climb.

In 2007 he married Nancy Juvonen and they have one child, Winnie, through surrogacy.

Oh Jimmy.

Here's why I like him so much:

1. His name is Jimmy, which conveniently happens to be my favorite name to say in the whole world.

2. Though he's not squeaky clean, he manages to keep his humor and show extremely humorous and funny in a way I feel I can enjoy it constantly. He doesn't limit his humor to ugly things. He's legitimately funny.

3. He wears extremely well tailored suits and I...just....that's wonderful.

4. His "Thank You..." notes section of his show literally have me falling on the floor with laughter. Why? Because they are true statements that no one else manages to put into words. Because of this, he's ruined the way I say "Thank you" now. Just go watch some....right here-----> Video

5.  The fact that he and Justin Timberlake are BFF's just makes the world a funnier and more musical place to be. I mean....who would put Jimmy and JT together?? No one. That's why it's great.

6. He seems like a real person on his show. He laughs at himself, with his guest stars, his fellow crewmen, everyone. Genuine. He feels genuine. #thatswhatiliketosee

7. His dance moves. Nough said.

8. His lip sync battles are literally the most rockin thing to come to TV since The Beatles invaded the US in 1964. Go watch his battles with joseph-gordon levitt and then emma stone. She will forever be the world's best rapper in my opinion.

Now, we're all entitled to our own opinion. You could be a Jimmy Fallon hater, so I guess my next question would be why are you reading this post? But he's entertaining, funny, musical, and now on my man crush list. If you need a good laugh, head over to youtube and just type jimmy fallon. There goes at least 2 hours of  time away. #yourewelcome 

You Might Also Like

0 comments