Hunter Hayes--the therapist

By 5/05/2014 , , , , , , ,

For the last week, it's safe to say I've been going through a SERIOUS Hunter Hayes phase.


Heck.........I'm always going through a Hunter Hayes phase.

But since going to his concert last week, it's been particularly strong. Don't you ever go through days or weeks (....or months) when all you want to do is listen to one artist, because they're just singing the song of your soul? They're musically describing your life in sweet lullaby's or rockin' tunes and you can't help but want to sing or listen to it literally over and over again. Until your roommate or friend actually mention...."Hey...buddy...we've kind of listened to that song already...10 times...maybe we can.." "NO. WE'RE LISTENING TO IT AGAIN." 

Needless to say.......Hunter Hayes is my current "phase". Hahahaha 

Music....GOOD music, is extremely powerful, in my opinion. The music, the lyrics, the emotion, it can all have an effect that is personal and different for everyone. It can make you happy, sad, comforted, energized, inspired, motivated, ANYTHING really. It has an ability to connect with you in a way that not much else can, and that just ASTOUNDS me. Seriously. Hahaha, guys, it's just crazy how cool that is! 

ANYWAYS...

Back to Hunter Hayes.
In my continuous listening to him, I've had a few lightbulb moments ("Liiight Buuuullb" *Gru's voice). So, here's what Hunter Hayes has taught me.

1. Guitar/piano/banjo playing men are extremely attractive. I mean...LOOK AT HIM. Not thinking he's adorable is like thinking puppies aren't the cutest thing in the world. It's like thinking Christmas isn't magical. Yes I just compared Hunter Hayes cuteness level to Christmas. It's getting real here people.

2. We all go through hard things. Life can be rough on us in multiple ways. BUT, we always...ALWAYS have our Faith to Fall Back On. And if we're true to that, then everything is doable. It won't necessarily make it easier, but it will make the road easier to travel.

3. We all deserve someone who makes us feel special and important on the INSIDE. It's what's on the inside that makes us radiant beings. Don't think that just because you don't look like her or aren't as athletic as that guy over there you don't deserve just as much as anyone else. Give yourself the credit you deserve.

4. Music can be meaningful, fun, and uplifting without all the garbage they have today. Talented singers still exist and continue to make good music.

5. You are strong. You are important. You can do anything you put your mind to. You are not Invisible.

6. Your story is YOURS to write. No one else can write it. Live it the way you want. Life has so much to offer, so why not go out and DO something? #thankyouhunter

That all sounds incredibly cheesy. But it's the TRUTH. I went to that concert and he said some of those things, almost verbatim. He's a good kid (who am I calling a kid? He's the same age as me........well...I'm a kid I guess too). He not only made me feel inspired, but also comforted. Music has a way of speaking to me that few things can. And right now, Hunter Hayes speaks to my soul. Mmmmhhhhmmmmmmm.

Can you bet I'm getting his new CD tomorrow?? Yes. Yes. I am.

#hunterhayesallday 

You Might Also Like

0 comments