Beautiful Things Don't Ask for Attention
With a new chapter of my life beginning, I thought it was appropriate to redo the look of my blog. Which in all honesty, didn't change TOO much. But....meh....#whocares.
I wanted to find a short, simple, yet powerful quote that not only had different meanings, but also reflected me and my life. So I turned to the Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
"Beautiful things don't ask for attention."
Think about what comes to your mind immediately when you think of beautiful things. It's different for all of us.
I think this can be broken up into a few different things.
First, to me beautiful things are numerous. The first thing I thought of was a quiet, serene place outdoors that's never been touched by humans (thus my accompanying photo with the quote). Simple and beautiful things like this are all around us, not asking for anyone to take any time out of their day to appreciate them. But it's in those moments when you see something no one else does that is truly beautiful that something magical happens. You've suddenly become part of a moment in time that no one else has. During these moments for me, sometimes disney-esque music plays in my mind (yeah, I'm being serious, it's magical okay?) or suddenly I feel like I'm the only person in the world and grin from ear to ear. Sometimes I sit quietly and just soak in the moment, trying to memorize the smells, sounds, and feelings that are around me.
Okay....now I'm getting it bit out of hand. haha, back to the point.
The second reason I loved this quote was because I thought it reflected myself a lot. Now, don't take this like I'm boasting--why yes, I think I'm beautiful, but what's that to you--but its really applies for me. Growing up as someone who hated the spotlight and basically any sort of attention, I've developed into someone who loves to observe quietly and be that pretty little flower that people don't notice individually, but contributes to the big beautiful garden as a whole. I know a lot of people like this in my life. And they are all around us without even knowing it. Beautiful people doing beautiful things making the world a better place.
I think to sum it up, this phrase poses a challenge to everyone. Go and FIND those beautiful things. They aren't going to ask to be seen or heard, but they'll wait patiently for you to take notice and change your life in ways you'll never know. Get out of your comfort zone for a few moments and look around you and discover what the world has to offer. In the people it houses and the life it provides. I love the quote from We Bought a Zoo:
#YOLO
Okay....now I'm getting it bit out of hand. haha, back to the point.
The second reason I loved this quote was because I thought it reflected myself a lot. Now, don't take this like I'm boasting--why yes, I think I'm beautiful, but what's that to you--but its really applies for me. Growing up as someone who hated the spotlight and basically any sort of attention, I've developed into someone who loves to observe quietly and be that pretty little flower that people don't notice individually, but contributes to the big beautiful garden as a whole. I know a lot of people like this in my life. And they are all around us without even knowing it. Beautiful people doing beautiful things making the world a better place.
I think to sum it up, this phrase poses a challenge to everyone. Go and FIND those beautiful things. They aren't going to ask to be seen or heard, but they'll wait patiently for you to take notice and change your life in ways you'll never know. Get out of your comfort zone for a few moments and look around you and discover what the world has to offer. In the people it houses and the life it provides. I love the quote from We Bought a Zoo:
Amazing things can happen when you decide to say something instead of stay in your comfortable little corner.
#YOLO

0 comments