Time to Be Better

By 1/17/2014 , , , , ,

It's only the second week of the semester and I'm already having to motivate and inspire myself to continue living. Oh what would I give to lay in bed till late, read books into the night, stay in my pj's, and eat whatever I want. 

That being said, I came across an INCREDIBLY inspiring and classy blog post. I read it and seemed ready to conquer the long walk to class. 

Here's the link: http://www.thegoldengirlblog.com/home/10-ways-to-be-a-better-version-of-yourself-in-2014

READ IT. Or else the rest of the blog post is going to mean nothing to you. 

First of all, you can bet I'm going to be purchasing some new lipstick, and it will start appearing more and more. How classy is that? Where has my head been this whole time? 

Number 2, Start acting the way you WANT to feel, is absolute genius. If you act like the world is closing in and its raining, and nothing is good in the world, guess how you're going to feel? Yes, you're going to feel like you just stepped into a Nicholas Sparks book. I loved what she said...."put a smile on your face. Maybe you start humming your favorite song. Act excited about that new project someone handed to you. Pretend like it’s Friday. Before you know it, you won’t be miserable anymore." What great advice. We can choose to be happy, sad, positive, or negative. This is SO KEY. 

The next one I really liked was pick one argument a day to let go. "Let Go." *Frozen fans unite!* Just let it go. I've learned that holding onto things that frustrate you do absolutely NO good. What good will you get out of holding onto some grudge or annoying thing that someone does, usually unintentionally? NOTHING. It just makes you fester those feelings inside you and makes you grumpy. Nobody likes to be around someone like that. 

The last one I really liked was pick one new thing a month to try out. It's funny, because I actually made it a goal for this year to start learning new skills or trying different things. Even if I don't end up liking it, I can say I tried. And like she says on the blog, you can feel more accomplished and say you did at least 12 things this year. Whether it be trying a new food, learning a new skill, going somewhere you've never been, doing something you've never done, I think it counts. Spice up your life a little you know? 

So basically I just blogged about a blog. But.....it was just too good to pass up. 

If you had a bad day like I did this week, here's what you do: let it out, eat a little chocolate, hug a friend, watch something inspiring, and keep walking. So simple, yet completely effective. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Audrey! I just saw this post and it made my week. I feel so lucky to have inspired you! I really love your voice and your writing- the Frozen reference? Literally laughed out loud (Alone. In my kitchen. Super awkward)

    Thank you so much for sharing my post with your readers and keep up the great work!

    xoxo

    Jess
    thegoldengirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh thanks so much! I really was inspired! I've already bought 3 new lipsticks and I feel ready to conquer the world. :) Thanks for your words of motivation. :)

      Delete