be Grateful.

By 11/27/2013 , , , , ,

Just because I THOROUGHLY enjoy Christmas doesn't mean I don't have a soft spot for Thanksgiving. So it's time to hit up the grateful post. 


Honestly folks, we have so much to be thankful for. Just think about your life. We have so many opportunities before us. Yeah, I'm poor. Yeah, I'm single. Yeah I'm not the smartest cookie in the jar. But that doesn't come close to describe how blessed a life I lead. 

We all go through times when we feel nothing is going right in our world and the pressures of life seem to really beat us up. Honestly, life IS hard. It's not like we live in Disneyland every day of our lives (although...I wouldn't oppose that at ALL). BUT, we can't forget to take off our johnny rain cloud glasses and remember how blessed we are. Here, I'll show you how it's done. 

I am blessed with an incredible family, who loves me, supports me, and accepts me for ME. No matter what. They are an example to me, and they make me want to be a better person. 

I have a job. There's a lot of people older then me who can't say that. And I am grateful everyday for the people I am surrounded by at my workplace. 

I'm going to be a college graduate soon. Seeming how our knowledge is the only other thing we can bring from this life into the next, I'm pretty dang grateful for it. Learning is an extraordinary thing, and I will never stop feeling the need for it. 

Me. I'm grateful for me. I love being me. I love that I'm okay just staying home and reading a book. I love that I twirl my hair out of habit. I love that I can play the piano for people. I love the passionate nature I have. I love that I can enjoy almost anything if it makes other people happy. I just love me. And there ain't nothing you can do about it. ;) 

One final thought: 

"God asks that we give thanks to Him for whatever blessings we receive from Him. It is easy for us to become mechanical in our prayers of gratitude, often repeating the same words but without the intent to give our thanks as a gift of the heart to God." 
-Henry B. Eyring 

Let's be a little more grateful yeah? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments