Moooomm....I'm hungrrryyyy!
I was asked the other day for the millionth times infinity time what I was going to do after I graduate.
Oh yeah, by the way, I'm graduating from college in April.
Anyways, so I was asked this ominous question and I found myself starting to say my rehearsed answer that I always give--internship, work for the church, grad school, blah blah blah--and then I found myself saying "But in reality, I'll probably just be a busy mom trying to raise her kids in a crazy world." I was kind of astonished with myself for a moment. Though, this wasn't the first time I had thought this, or even mentioned it to someone, it for some reason had like this blow your mind affect on me.
I've never felt more security with life then in that moment.
I get to be a mom someday. With cute little blonde haired, blue eyed munchkins running around making a mess everywhere they turn. Okay, I guess they could look different, but I'm making and educated guess alright? I get to be a soccer mom, make spaghetti, go to school plays, and read bed time stories to my little kidlins. It doesn't sound very easy, but it sounds fulfilling and extremely fun. Yeah, yeah, you parents can chuckle and say "She has no idea!" and list off all the stressful and sleep depriving aspects of being a parent. And yeah, I know they'll turn into teenagers and turn against me momentarily, staying up late, stressing me out more, yada yada yada. But ya know, it still sounds like a new adventure that will keep me on my toes, and that's how I like to be. ;)
So in that few minutes of dwelling on the excitement of just getting to be a mother and kissing chubby little cheeks everyday, I felt peace and comfort in that I'm doing what I should be and that there's only greater things to come.
That moment ended all to quickly though. The stress of school and just trying to get to graduation and then having to deal with finding a career afterwards, oh yeah and maybe finding the other part of the equation for those future kiddies (1+1= 2 right? Simple math I still understand) all set back in and I quickly set off for my next class.
And so life goes on. Still smiling. Still breathing. And still making ends meet.
0 comments