Seniority

By 9/17/2013 , , , , , , , ,

As a senior in college, there's a few things I've noticed the first few weeks of school.

1. I like going to bed at a decent time. I remember my freshman year, even my sophomore year, I didn't care really if I was up until 12:30-1. I mean, I was tired the next day, but I generally didn't care.
But NOW.....now I am find my growing age wants me to just go to bed earlier and earlier. 10:30-11 hits, and I'm ready to get in bed, read for a few minutes and then hit the hay. Unless a homework assignment is of desperate attention, I am asleep. Last night my roommate and I couldn't fall asleep until after 12:30 and we were going completely mental thinking how much we were going to hate ourselves this morning. And we DID hate ourselves. Let the freshmen party and be social. I'm going to sleep.

2. I'm incredibly tired of explaining my major/life plan/convincing people that my college education will actually get me somewhere. Granted, this comes every year with meeting new people and getting to know them, and that's fine. But heaven bless, let me tell you all that American Studies is awesome. I don't regret any of it, and no, I'm not going to teach. And no, I haven't just learned history.

3. I still love BYU sports just as much, if not MORE then I did as a freshman. My social time tends to usually revolve around sporting events during the week, and I'm just fine with that. I didn't think as a freshman that I could ever love BYU sports more then I did, but let me stand as a witness that I do. There is nothing I haven't done for my Cougars, and nothing I won't ever do for them. Between camping out in the middle of winter for the best basketball games ever, standing in a line for hours, getting soaked to the skin in the storm of all storms, waiting in the snow until you can't feel your body, and losing my voice on countless occasions, I'd say I've experienced close to everything. Love my boys.

4. I'm not very old. I thought when I would be approaching graduation I would feel like an old woman. But no. I still like wearing my sweatpants from 10th grade. I watch Disney movies as a study break. I paint my nails basically every week. I still write my name incessantly on all of my papers. And it's just fine that I'm not married yet. I feel like I'm still a little girl, who wants to learn and experience so many things in this world still, I can't even describe it to you. Prince Charming will come when he decides to stop riding his horse for a minute. Meanwhile.......I'm going to live life.

5. I love having a smart phone.

6. I still want to beat Utah with a passion that runs so deep I literally think my mom spoke to me in the womb, teaching me true blue ways.

7. It feels incredibly strange to tell people I'm a senior, but at the same time.....I enjoy the seniority it seems to give me the moment I say it. It's been a while since I've been at the top, and I won't lie.....it feels good. Sooo good.

You Might Also Like

0 comments