It's a bittersweet feeling when I write this post. Summer is such a free, lovely thing......it's hard to look backand miss so much of what it was. But fall brings excitement and fun times of it's own, so it's not terrible.
This..this was my last summer as an undergraduate. CRAZY right? My friend and I could hardly convince each other that we had attended so much school. It just blows the socks off of me.
ANYWAYS, on to review. I decided this year to do it in a series of pictures, because that's more fun. :)
Highlights of the 2013 Summer:
Weather: Extremely hot, dry, with rare chances of precipitation. On the bright side, we didn't inhale smoke nearly as much as the previous summer.
Music: Sara Bareilles' new CD, The Lumineers, Mindy Gledhill, Lorde, Pink, Kacey Musgraves, Michael Buble, and movie soundtracks galore (because I'm a nerd and love listening to them and picture myself in the movie).
 |
| Kentucky Derby. Workin the hats! |
 |
| BYU BASEBALL! We enjoyed our baseball this summer, feeling VERY American. :) |
 |
| Sisters, being........sisters. *On our way to Bountiful! |
 |
Guess who went to the T-Swift Concert?? YEP. Nothing like thousands of screaming little girls and then your random teenage/adult male who loves t-swift just as much. ;) |
 |
MOVIES. 3 of the biggest movies of the year ALL came out in May. BAM BAM BAM. Being a movie guru, a HUGE superhero fan, a lover of Star Trek, and a staunch admirer of Leo, I could not have been more excited. All hits. ALL wonderful. |
 |
Deanna Durbin. Erika and I's most loved actress passed away this summer and it was truly a sorrowful time. |
 |
Free tickets to a Broadway Show! Thanks to our friend Andrew! Front row seats, spectacular music, and pictures with some of the cast! |
 |
| Foolin around with my youngest siblings. :) |
 |
| Sent this cute girl off on her mission! Japan is brighter place with her there. :) |
 |
| Scera Shell's Tarazan! But most important, catching up with Lauren! |
 |
| SEVEN PEAKS BABY. And cheesy grins. |
 |
Our former roommates and good friends Becca and Cole finally got married! Ran into SOOO many old friends, it was basically a high school reunion. Couldn't have been more happy for them! |
 |
| They even had a photobooth there for us to take pictures! Besties forevah. |
 |
| ST. GEORGE BEST FRIEND TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! |
 |
| Still st. george :) |
 |
| DANBO. Still in St. George :) |
 |
| Seeing my first Tuachan production! Mary Poppins! It was so beautiful and the weather was perfect. |
 |
And then....then it happened. That fateful day I was attacked by dark shadow and had to use my ninja skills. Or was it I had to kick open a door during my secret CIA mission? Or maybe it was re-in-acting the circus trampolinists? Maybe I just tripped on some stairs walking to work..... Regardless. This stupid sprained ankle cost me a month of swimming and running around. Heaven knows I'm grateful it wasn't during school. And it was fun getting looks at church when I could only wear a shoe and my brace. C'est La Vie. |
 |
| Taking night walks! Exploring and enjoying the summer air. |
 |
| The ONE rooftop concert we got to go to. BEST. Mindy Gledhill did not disappoint. |
 |
| Ogden Family Reunion! Just gettin ready to play some games and bring out the genetic Ogden competitiveness. :) |
 |
| Being cousins. Embracing our inner Ogden. |
Then of course I went on my backpacking trip, but you've heard about that recently. :) Mix in there a BUNCH of dollar movie nights, italian sodas, late night chats, coloring, reading like a crazy woman, blog/food/girls nights with Rachel Taylor and summer lovin, you've just about got it all. :)
Summer 2013, you done me well.
School.......hit me with your best shot.
Audrey,
Becca,
Erika,
excitement,
family,
food,
friends,
happiness,
Kenzi,
LIFE,
me,
movie,
pictures,
Savannah,
school,
summer,
vacation
About the Author
Just a girl who loves to write, watch Jimmy Fallon, wear lipstick, and pin everything humanly possible.
1 comments
Love the new look! So classy :) Love you girl!
ReplyDelete