What are men compared to rocks and mountains?

By 8/23/2013 , , , ,

Welp.

Picture this.

A 5 hour drive, 10,400 feet elevation, 21 miles, the Wind Rivers, and a dad with two of his girls.

Let's just say my dad has some seriously tough girls.

PICTURES. soo...they didn't really load in order. my apologies.

This is the last day. Lake Barbara. It was early in the morning, and completely still and beautiful!

First day. When we were still decently human. This is Photographers Point,; see those mountains in the back?
yeah, they're HUGE and it's a gorgeous view.


Last day, at the same point above, but we're dirtier, smellier, and extremely sore. But happy nonetheless!

Second day. We took a day hike about 4 miles farther in and went Lake Seneca. Biggest mountain lake I've ever seen! And beautiful! 

FISHING. Lake Seneca. The bottom picture is with my first two fish. I had reeled in the first one, and my dad was
still taking care of it when I cast out and literally two seconds later caught the second one! BAM. Fishing pro. Then the top picture is on the other side of the lake and we were just doing some last minute fishing before hiking back to camp and on my LAST CAST,.........BAM. Fish. Count em. 3. I out-fished my father and sister. And fed them dinner at the same time. CHAMPION. 


That's just a few pictures, but they were some of the best! Despite the incredibly sore muscles, the bug bites, the sunburn, and the exhaustion, I would do it all over again! It was a great way to end the summer and I can't wait for our trip next summer!



You Might Also Like

0 comments