When I Grow Up.......
I'm getting to that point in my life where I have to make decisions.
JK. I've made lots of decisions in my life. I'm talking about the kinds of decisions that seriously effect the rest of my future. The one that is particularly perplexing me as of late is that of a career. I'm a young, vibrant, full-of-life kinda person and I'm just about finished with my under-graduate. That next question you may ask is, "Well, where's your husband?"
Good question.
He hasn't showed up yet. So in the meantime, I've got to make plans and I have to see them through. If I want to live my life in relative comfort.
So finding a job that makes a good living, is something I enjoy, and will help others in some way is becoming a bit of a task.
But what if I didn't have to worry about any of those things? What if money didn't matter? What if I could do absolutely ANYTHING in the world?
Well. If those are the guidelines, then here's a few options I have contemplated over the years of my youth.
1. Disneyland Cast member
I would legitimately LOVE this job. I don't care what people tell me. I love Disney. I love Disneyland. I love children. And I would gladly spend my time seeing the magic in their eyes and being a little kid with them every single day. I would have the funniest jokes on the Jungle Cruise. I would talk like a pirate. I would take pictures for the Princesses. I would be eternally happy. So why not?
2. Foremost authority/historian on films/movies
I would know everything. Meet everyone. See all the movies dating back to the earliest signs of filming. I would have my own collection of originals. People would come far and wide to hear me speak. I would know personal stories of actors/actresses/directors from behind the scenes. Who romanced who. Why this movie was successful but the next one wasn't. I would be invited to Comic Con. Movie premieres. Museum openings of classic film. Guys, I would know everything. And love it. And the world would love it.
3. Disney Animator
I know I already brought up Disney, but......I love it too much. Not many people know how much I love art, and how I've ALWAYS loved it. Heck, I took 2 AP Art classes in High school. I've taken private lessons. (Okay, don't get any ideas. I'm not that good. I like to dream I could have been good). But I would love to be an animator. Creating characters, bringing them to life on a page and then to a film. It sounds thrilling and absolutely magical. No one would know my name, but that would be okay. I would be working for Disney, so it wouldn't matter.
4. Famous Concert Pianist
Heaven only knows that I would have given anything for this. I have loved the piano and music since I was a little girl. I loved getting lost in a piece, feeling the music, and putting my own flare into it. To compose and have people actually enjoy it and want to hear it. To play on a beautiful Steinway on the stage of Carnegie Hall, Sydney (Australia), Symphony Hall, the Vienna Opera House. Sigh. What a dream. Lights, a sparkling dress, and a piano. That's all I would need and all it would be. Okay, maybe a few violins, and violas....and cellos....okay a symphony wouldn't be bad. I could deal with that.
Clearly, I would have had a grand life with all of these options. But. Alas. I am faced with being realistic. I guess we'll see where realism leads me.
2 comments
Love these! In a perfect world, here are my 3 dreams: 1) Baker and owner of an adorable bakery, 2) Head editor of an awesome publishing company, or 3) Food blogger. One can dream, right? :)
ReplyDeleteYou would be perfect for ALL of those. I would go to your bakery erry day!
Delete