The Host

By 3/18/2013 , , , , , ,

I don't think I realize how starved I am for pleasure reading during school until I actually read a book for fun. It's like I forget how attached I get.

This past week I decided to read The Host by Stephanie Meyer.

Why?

Well, one, the trailers for the movie look insanely good, and they are luring me into them. Two, I've wanted to read the book, but since I wasn't a giant Twilight fan, I never really thought it would be worth it. Three, I'm one of those believers that if a movie is being made about a book, you need to read the book before. So I kinda had to read the book, and quick because the movie comes out at the end of the month.

Boy was I wrong.

By far, this is was a great book. Over 600 pages and I knocked it out in a couple of days, reading when I was walking to work, and any other free time that I could spare. Lucky for me and my grades, I didn't have a heavy homework schedule this week, so I could read pretty freely.

The book is intensely involved. It puts a twist on the apocalypse type of world that you wouldn't think of. The characters are surprisingly deep and really likable. There's an intense emotional connection that you make with all of them, and I love that. And though you don't know how it's all going to work out in the end, don't worry....it does. It's probably one of the best endings I've read, and I've read a lot of book endings. Don't worry people, happy ending. :)

Don't worry girls: there's TWO good looking men in this one.


I would highly recommend this to anyone. :) 


You Might Also Like

0 comments