speaking habits

By 10/17/2012 , , , , , , , ,

i think it's time to come clean about something.

for those who know me personally, or even remotely i guess, could give testimony to this.

I, Audrey Suzzanne Ogden, have a reoccurring habit of using specific words and/or phrases repetitively. 

this mean I will use that word or phrase in virtually any conversation i can, without even really thinking about it. do you need some examples? okay, here we go.

1. "Bust"
This is probably the most used one. When something goes wrong....."Bust." When something REALLY goes wrong...."BUST!" When someone tells me a story about something that happened to them..."Dude, that's a bust." Dropping my water bottle on the ground..."BUST." Dropping phone..."ah! Bust!" Wide receiver dropping the ball in a football game...."bust! (crosses arms and sits down)."
Literally....every situation, conversation. I will say this word.

2. "Some people's children..."
Okay, so the background behind this phrase comes from my mother. She says this, so....now I say it. and I've found you can use it in a pretty diverse manner. Basically any conversation concerning other people I can work in a *Sigh* "Some people's children...."

3. "Let's be honest"
Also another one  that you can work into anything...it's just a nice transition-er for a funny joke or comment. i don't really know why, but it is.

Other words and phrases I use on a regular basis:
-Dude. I use dude for everyone..girls, boys, men, women, I even called my mom that once without thinking and it was a little weird....I don't do that anymore. haha
-"Seriously!"
-"But really though..."
-"It's fine" (you have to cock your head and smirk at the same time)
-"Party!" I don't really know why I say this...hahhaa it just comes out.
-"I'm down"
-"Whaaaaaaaat" or "what (saying it really quickly)"
-"You know that's right"
-"Darling" I mostly just love that word.
-"Babe"
-"Hey girl, Heyyyy" 

I know there are more, but those are the main ones. :)

i know i can't be the only one like this, but i'm just especially prone to it....;)


You Might Also Like

0 comments