I wouldn't want to be ANYWHERE else

By 7/05/2011 , , , , , , ,

Like most of you, I had a most wonderful 4th of July weekend. Filled with friends, family, food, fireworks, fun, and......parades, movies (Monte Carlo is my new favorite movie), crazy kids, sleep, new hairdo's, etc. :) It was a crazy weekend, but great nonetheless.

But this year, I've really been thinking about the history of  country. Now, if you're someone who doesn't really like sentimental type things, then.....skip this paragraph. But the more I study our history, and the great and terrible things that have happened, I can't help but be SO proud to be American. Mind you, the current conditions aren't the best. And there have definitely been times and events that I'm not particularly proud of, but hey, everyone has their moments. And the fact that I am free. FREE. Do you understand that a MAJORITY of world is NOT free? You and I are some of the most lucky people in the world. And thousands, if not millions, of men and women have fought to keep it that way. Whether they were on the battle field, at the home protecting children, or in the White House praying for inspiration on what to do, they protected our freedom throughout the years. If you really think about it, we have never had to worry if our children were going to die the next day from starvation. Or if Nazis' were going to storm through our doors. Or if our entire city was going to be demolished within a matter of hours. We have truly been blessed. This country was not created in order for it to fall miserably. The founding father did not struggle for months and years at a time in order to gain the simple rights that ANY human being should have. We did not fight a civil war to simply divide the new country that had been recently created. We did not enter WWI or WWII because we thought we were going to lose. We did not struggle through Civil Rights for decades to have it fall to nothing. And though we seem to be struggling through political battles that get us no where; politics that the founding fathers of our country would cry in their beds about every night; this country still lives on. And will continue to live on.


How did you like that? I always feel like a preacher when I talk like that. But that's how I feel.

To end this post, I would like to end with a list of good things:

1) Erika is home from Europe.
2) It's a short week of work.
3) I could possibly be teaching English in Europe next spring.
4) Erika is home.
5) Jaren is home.
6) Kenzi is home.
7) Monte Carlo was the cutest movie. And I want it.
8) School is coming.
9) Harry Potter :)


Song of the day: You Make My Dreams Come True--Hal &Oates

You Might Also Like

0 comments