Plain and Simple

By 4/02/2011

Alright. Generally I try to make my posts light, cheery, witty, and somewhat amusing. But this one is different. I just need to say a few things for myself, if anything.

First, I just want people to realize how much I really love life. Yeah, there's definitely ups and downs. Lots of them! But that's what makes my life so entertaining right? I have been blessed with a wonderful family. Parents who love and care about me and laugh at my stupid jokes. I have four younger siblings who are all crazy, fun, crazier, and more fun then I can describe. I've been tremendously blessed with wonderful friends. They put up with me in those low times, especially when they are probably tired of hearing about the same things, hahaha, but I'm go grateful for their constant love and companionship. I have had the opportunity to attend a wonderful university. It is so much more then I could have ever imagined, and I will continue to enjoy my time here.

Second, I want people to know that I love being me. Yeah, there's moments, like any girl, where i kinda wish for something more. But then I remember that Heavenly Father loves me just the way I am. I love that I can play the piano. It is a talent that I have truly been blessed by my entire life. I love my abnormally large eyes. I like that I haven't ever colored my hair. I enjoy the fact that I love football and basketball and any sport for that matter just as much as some males. I have come to love that body that I have, and I know that Heavenly Father knew that I could learn to take care of it. I love that I write my name on any piece of paper that I come in contact with. Now I don't want to sound conceited, because I'm not. But I hope people can see that I am confident with who I am. I've been thinking a lot about these things, and I've just had a lot of reassuring feelings that my Father in Heaven loves me for me, and that's all I should expect of myself.

Last, I love the gospel. There are NO words to describe how much it has blessed my life. I know that it is true. I will strive to continue to live by it's principles and standards. I am so thrilled to have the chance to hear from our apostles and prophets this weekend, and I hope to gain some more insight to what I can do to better my life. I know they were chosen by God, and that He will  use them to communicate with me. I love them. And pray for them. It's very plain and simple....I will do anything for this gospel.


Song of the Day: Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing-----MOTAB version

You Might Also Like

0 comments