Thanks for the Giving

By 11/23/2010

First and foremost. Cleaning Check? Checked. Done. Excellent.

Visiting Teaching? Check. Done. Awesome. 

Okay, now for the good stuff.

Giving Thanks

Tis the season to give thanks. I think it is high time I expressed my thanks for the wonderful things in the world.

1. My coat. Because, though it maybe cold outside, my coat keeps me semi warm inside.
2. Harry Potter.He allows me to dream and imagine like nothing else.
3. My siblings. I guess I've never been as grateful for them as I am now. Having moved away, I never fully realized how much I really had a fun time with them. Playing songs on the piano. Quoting movies. Wrestling with the younger kids. Playing Mario Kart. Etc. Etc. Love them.
4. My parents. I don't think a single post on a blog can really do this justice. They have pushed through with me from the beginning. Through mychildhood. Through my awful growing up years. My years of the orthodontist. My years of no confidence. My ever increasingly busy high school years. My lame dating life and me complaining about it. My stresses and worries about growing up. Tuition. Food. Clothing. Shelter. Love. Teaching. EVERYTHING. The list goes on.
5. My Friends. Oh my. What would I do without wonderful friends? Friends who care enough to pick me up from school when they would probably like to just stay in their dorm. Friends who TAKE me to school. Friends who color with me. Friends who include me in things. Friends who never fail to make me laugh, no matter how awkward the situation. Friends who let me cry when I'm hurt. Friends who are content to just sit and talk with me about my small worries. Friends who accept me for who I am, and what I look like. Friends who teach me ways to be a better person and friend. Friends who will watch old romance movies with me. Friends who watch Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs with me. Friends who are there to lift me up when I'm down on myself. Friends who listen no matter what. Friends who go to cafe with me and have heart to hearts. I would be no where without my friends.
 6. Music. How in the world would I survive without music in my life? Whether it be from jamming out in my room to my iPod, or playing the piano, or singing in a choir, or listening to the beautiful tabernacle choir, or hearing your little brother sing Gethsemane to you. Music is a part of my soul. It touches me like nothing else can. I believe music can open the hearts of the hardest person. It's an incredible thing. I want to share that with all those around me. 
7. The gospel. There is nothing in this entire world that I care about more then the church. It has defined who I have grown to be, and who I continue to become. Nothing has brought me more happiness and joy. Nothing has filled my life with more beauty. It's such a wonderful thing, I want everyone to have it!

Well that's all for now. For that anyways.

Why do boys have to be difficult? Sorry guys. But it's true. I sometimes wonder why I put myself through these things. It tears me up!

Katie Mickelson. Thank you for visiting me today. I love you.

Song of the Day: Let It Snow---Michael Buble version

You Might Also Like

0 comments