noschoolthanksgivingbreaksnownoschoolfoodpolarexpressfun

By 11/28/2010

well. the adventures have been great this past week. i think it is high time they are recorded. good luck on trying to keep up. :)

Adventure #1

ALERT!ALERT!ALERT!ALERT!ALERT!ALERT!ALERT!ALERT!!!!!!!

BLIZZARD OF THE CENTURY!!!! COMING YOUR WAY!!! WITHIN SECONDS!!! DEATH!!DESTRUCTION!!!DISASTER!!!!

..............................yeah. Not.
Stats of the so-called Blizzard
Snow level: 1cen. maybe...
Duration of Storm: 1hour....maybe...
Winds: not 60 mph.....
Coolness of Storm: BORING!!

This is Utah people. Get with the program.

Adventure #2

I had the privilege of attending Lone Peak High School's production of The Music Man. I thought it was quite wonderful. Cute kids. Doing cute things. Beautiful music. Classic stuff. My sister, Sarah, happened to be in this show and did an excellent job portraying a young Iowan girl. Congrats. Notice the picture. Yes. We are blood relatives. Contrary to prior belief. We look basically nothing alike. But, we are children 1 and 2 nonetheless.

Adventure #3

Idaho. Trip. with 5 kids. in one car. plus snowy roads. Sigh. You might be wondering what the normal trip duration is? 4 hours. About. But how long did it really take us? 5 1/2. Rough. ROUGH. Yeah. Never put an 18 almost-19-year-old, a 15 yr, 12, 6 yr., and 3 yr. old in the same car together for that long. It might get a little crazy. But aside from that. We arrived in Twin Falls, ID in safety. Thank heavens. Greeted by a 10 foot tall snowman. Awesome.

Oh. I should probably mention that this year it was the OGDEN side of the family's turn. And, seeming how my grandparents live in the Idaho, that is where we all gathered. I was the oldest cousin this year, due to my other cousin being on a mission. Kinda strange for me. 

Adventure #4

Thanksgiving. Givingthanks. Thanks for giving. Giving for thanks. All that jazz.We had turkey. Potatoes. Rainbow jello. pie. ice cream. pie. and more pie. It was a feast. to say the least.Please enjoy pictures.
Kids table. Yes. I sat here once again. Being 18 and in college means nothing.


My sister Mia, with Sam (technically...he's our uncle).

Andrew all ready for the SNOW!

Post-eating.

My brunette sisters Sarah and Hannah


It was a success. Loaded on food, and took naps, played games, went to bed. Early.

Adventure #5

Well, seeming how Thanksgiving was OFFICIALLY over, Christmas tree shopping was in full force. And being conveniently in Idaho, we thought we might as well pick one up there. It was a heat wave that day. 20 degrees. I was sweating. After nights of 3 degrees, 20 is tanning weather. I dressed up as a marshmallow, and enjoyed Jack Frost nipping at my nose. My youngest siblings enjoyed walking through snow drifts that were up to there waists, and then plopping down and yelling that they were stuck. They other three of us tried and failed to have a snowball fight with powder like snow. Never try that. It's disappointing.


The awkwardness of my outfit will never die. But hey, at least I was warm.




Adventure #6

Saturday we traveled home. It was significantly better though. And that was a relief. Upon our return we ran in and turned on the BYU-Utah game. Oh my. SO intense. I can't even describe to you the emotions going through me. I never sat down. I paced. I hit pillows. I cheered like I was in the stadium. STUPID REFS. That's all. I can't talk too much about this game or I might embarrass myself. Let's just say this. We'll see you next year Utah.

Adventure #7

What better way to begin the Christmas season then with a Polar Express party? NOTHING. My family, accompanied by the Henderson family of Richfield, gathered together and had a wonderful meal, and then the children (that's me too) received new Pajamas. We were then given our tickets and escorted to the Polar Express. We boarded and went on the ride of our lives. That movie is so beautiful. If you have not yet fully been able to enjoy that movie, please, for my sake, sit down with your family, or friend, or significant other and watch the wonderful magic that comes from that movie. Your life will be enriched. Cross my heart.

Adventure #8

I got sick last night. That's what I get for a week's worth of food. It was awful. Doing better now. Ready for more sleep.

Well, I think that about wraps it up folks. It was a wonderful week of rest and no school. Did I do homework?........eh...no comment. Let's just say Audrey has a full three weeks ahead of her. We college students just have to pull through them and then we have a blissful Christmas Break looking us in the eyes. Plus David Archuleta Christmas concert. So close. So close. :)

Song of the Day: Winter Wonderland--Amy Grant

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. love you. can we have an adventure sometime? and blog about it?! haha seriously though. you are the best, and we need to play... maybe after finals? or ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your break was kinda a bust though because you never saw me! Right!

    ReplyDelete