Periodically in the Periodicals

By 11/05/2010


Audrey has discovered one more new found treasure at Brigham Young University.

Periodicals.

Do you have any idea what this is? Where it is? Who it is? How it is? When it is? I will explain the greatness that I have discovered in them.

Greatness Fact #1) They are quite useful in finding information. For example, I looked at a Life Magazine from 1941. Get this...it was only 10 cents.

Greatness Fact #2) They contain books that look like they could be from 1700. Oh wait.....it WAS from 1700.

Greatness Fact #3) Okay. This is the best one. You might notice when you walk over to the Periodical section that many of the shelves are...well...closed tight next to each other. And that you can only see one or two or three or four real WALKING isles. Well. Here's the thing. They MOOVVEE. Move. Do you understand me? They move side to side!!! So, when I first was needing to access these shelves I was quite frightened as to how I could move them. So, with much prodding from Kenzi, I pushed that button/arrow/technological indent of doom. I held my breath, read for this enormously loud, creaking, old book yawning, type sound to crack and then have the entire library glaring at me. But no. It oh so quietly glided on past me, reminiscent of a Harry Potter moment, stopping mili-inches away from the next shelf. I stood aghast. How could something do that? I'm here to tell you ladies and gentleman, I do not know. I have no idea how that shelf moved so wonderfully for me, but it did. And that's what matters.

Adios

Song of the Day: The World is The Best----Harvard Sailing Team

You Might Also Like

0 comments