Concerto in el Provoco Mov. 1 of 1 Beautistic = Concerto Composed by Audrey & Jaren

That's right. Me and Jaren, Jaren and I, wrote/composed/arranged a concerto. For those of you less musically inclined, a Concerto is a musical type of duet played with two different things. In this case, it is I, Audrey, on one piano, while across the room, he, Jaren, is on another one. And we play together, in beautiful harmony. It's a wonderful part of music.
Background: Jaren and I decided back in September that for our Book of Mormon semester project we wanted to write a concerto. Now, if I was you, I would be wondering how in sam hill does writing a concerto count as a RELIGIOUS project. Well, don't worry, there are many things that work for it. First, it IS a medley of 3 wonderful church hymns: We Thank Thee Oh God For a Prophet, Joseph Smith's First Prayer, and Praise to the Man. Quite frankly, I'm surprised we finished it. It also has proven to us that with much sacrifice, dedication, faith in ourselves and many other things, that we can accomplish what we put our minds to. We intend to bless the lives of others with the music we have created, and hopefully bring the spirit. We also have asked Misses Tacy Lebaron and Ashley Thompson to join us with the violin and cello. If anything, come for their wonderful talents.
Total Hours Worked on it (thus far): 100 hours.....there abouts..I lost count awhile ago.
Title: A Prophet's Journey
Recital Date: November 16
Time: 7:30pm
Where: We don't quite know yet. TBD (turtles bathing ducks OR to be determined)
Why: Because we're awesome.
Who: You. and Us. and Two Pianos.
What: it is a recital. piano recital. please, refrain from bringing small children who play like Mozart. They won't appreciate this.
Goodnight.
P.S. Lindseeeeey Webb. If you are reading this, I apologize for failing today. We WILL PLAY IN THIS LIFETIME. Eternal life just won't be as fulfilling if we don't.
Song of the Day: A Prophet's Journey----Audrey Ogden & Jaren Wood
1 comments
WE WILL
ReplyDeleteWE MUST
p.s. TOTES coming to your recital.