8 Things That I Love.

By 2/01/2015 , , , , , ,

When I find something that I immediately love and connect with, I suddenly get overwhelmed by this insane desire to share it with anyone and everyone. I want someone else to see how incredible this is, or see how inspiring it is, or taste how absolutely delicious it is. I just NEED someone else to love it with me.

So that being the case, I'm going to share 8 things (yeah, I couldn't get to 10 for some reason) that I just absolutely love and can't get enough of these days. It's essentially a hodge-podge of a lot of things, but I love every single one of them. And I'll tell you why as I go.



1. Song "I Lived" by One Republic


There's something about this song that just sings to my soul, and I don't think it's just because I'm single. Talking about living your life, every single moment. That you take that jump. That you don't hesitate. That you decided to stay rather then run away. That you live through your mistakes and you live through the memories. So that when we leave this earth, you can say you LIVED.

2. Polka dots and sparkle



If you know me at all, you know that I love anything and everything with polka dots. As I type this, I'm even where my matching polka dot set pajamas. I just can't get enough of them. And as someone who loves pearls a LOT, I can't get enough sparkle. There is nothing that gives you a little feminine push as some sparkly earrings or a necklace. It just dresses it up a little more. 3 years ago, I never thought I would ever love sparkle so much, but......people change. :)

3. Jimmy Fallon

             For those of you who think this is about you, get your panties out of a wad because it's from Jimmy Fallon! :)

Okay. It's not secret that I love Jimmy Fallon. Not even close to a secret. But he's just....so.....great. I find myself imitating his "EW!" sketch way too much. I catch up on his shows at night through youtube, on my tiny phone, two inches to my face (yes, I know I'm going to ruin my eyes and everything else, #ohwell). He's funny, genuine, and seriously rocks everything he does. I mean....come on....his children are named Winnie and Frances. And he's best friends with Justin Timberlake. #bffs #forlife #ILOVEJIMMY

4. Lipstick



I love the quote from Breakfast at Tiffany's where Holly (Audrey Hepburn) says "Hand my purse darling. A girl can't read this sort of thing without her lipstick."
I literally don't go a day without my lipstick. And now I'm obsessed with getting different colors. It's like it has this power over me that makes me stand a little straighter and smile a little brighter. As you can see in the photo, I have LOTS of lipstick. The next venture.....nude lipstick. Can I make it work? #youbetterbelieveit

5. TED talks for Women



I've watched a LOT of TED talks in the past few years. But these are some of the absolute BEST. They range from all sorts of topics, but they're incredibly thought provoking and inspiring. I was so glad to find this blog post that had them listed, she nailed all of them (click the photo to be taken to the list). Do yourself a favor and start watching TED talks. You can find ANYTHING on there. Informative, educational, funny, performing arts, inspiring, and so much MORE. You won't regret it.

6. GoldenGirl Blog--10 Ways to Be Happy



Okay, when I first found this blog a while back, I was in love. She's such a beautiful individual who wants to inspire people and just share her fabulous thoughts and impeccable style, if I do say so myself. This particular blog post was SO inspiring to me. It's one of the reasons I love lipstick now! But it just struck a chord in me that got me thinking about how important it was to make myself happy. That I had to take charge of my happiness. And I can honestly say it's gone pretty well. :) I follow this girl on instagram now and just can't get enough of her classiness. ;)

7. Walter Mitty



I was told recently that someone thought this movie was ridiculous and had no meaning whatsoever.

.............................................................I had no words to reply to that.

This quote. This movie. This story. It is ANYTHING but ridiculous. I know I've talked about it before. But how can you watch something like this movie and not have enjoyed it just a little bit? It's endearing, and it touches the human soul in a way that not many movies do anymore. Throwing it back to my number one on here, you want to look back on your life and say you don't regret anything, that you LIVED. Well that's exactly what this movie reflects, and this quote. #getoutofhereandlive


8. Gifs.

                                                     

What's a gif you ask? Just imagine it like the real life Harry Potter moving picture. Except, it can only repeat the same little clip of movement over and over again. They work great for texting conversations. The difficult challenge of expressing true emotion through text is helped greatly through finding the perfect expression by a gif. All it takes is a simple search in google. Then BAM. Magic starts to happen in your conversations. Above are some of my favorite to use. #gifsforthewin

There you have it. The current favorites.

#youraremyfave

You Might Also Like

0 comments