How to NOT Become Attached to a TV character

By 1/17/2015 , , , , ,

I can't imagine that most people in this world today don't suffer from some emotional damage due to the ever increasing and booming business of the TV show. All it takes is one episode, and then we're drawn in and before you know it we're spending more time in sweats and our laptops, crying over the latest drama or death.


Who am I kidding, I spend every available second in sweats anyways. 


Sometimes, I wonder if I have a serious problem. I'm not kidding you. I've gotten to a point where I'm so invested in a show that I'll be copying their body gestures and talking like them. I'll look around corners subconsciously, because I KNOW that Hydra could be anywhere, be anyone (Agents of SHIELD forever man). I'll see look-a-likes everywhere and then immediately have to text a friend of the emotional wave I just experienced, mostly to keep myself busy enough from staring at said look-a-like. 

It's a problem guys. And I KNOW I'm not the only one. 

I think we all need a little therapy on how to avoid such emotional confusion. 

1. Don't talk to yourself or the characters as the episode plays. It makes you feel like you're in the episode and then, by default, you aren't going to handle anything bad happening to your hero standing next to you. 

2. Don't find similarities between you and a character. Then you'll start to feel like you know what they're going through, so then whatever happens to them, happens to you, and then it's a lost cause. 

3. By no means should you find one of the characters attractive. It's a TRAP!!!!! 

4. Don't watch multiple episodes at once, in other words, binge watching. Before you know it, this is your train of thought, "This is the best thing.........man I've been sitting here for a while now........I'm hungry, this bag of chocolates should do the trick......is that really the time?.....I'm fat......and I like it......why is Emma so resistant to the charms of Hook?! She's mad!........how is it tomorrow already?" 
#itsaproblem

5. Don't lose your grip on reality, because soon you'll find you believe you live in that world and all your conversations come from people who don't exist in the 3D realm.

After looking over these tips to help you avoid emotional confusion............who am I kidding. I'm too far gone.

*clears throat*

Hello, my name is Audrey, and I'm addicted to television shows.

#grouptherapyhereicome

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hahaha! This rings a little too true... I love Arrow, too! And Once Upon a Time. And Agents of Shield. BAH!

    ReplyDelete