Oh....its Christmas

By 12/22/2014 , , , , , , , ,



I was under the impression that when I graduated from college I would be less busy and able to do more of what I wanted.

Jokes. All jokes. 

The last month and a half have been more crazy then I thought possible. Between three birthdays, 3 Christmas concerts, one giant open house, hosting two bridal showers, attending two others, a grand-kids party, an annual polar express party, a cousins party, two jobs, and meetings galore, I feel like there's hardly been a spare minute. And there's still Christmas Eve, Christmas, wedding #1, work, and wedding #2 to get through. 

I pictured my first December out of college to be this idealistic month where I could actually enjoy watching all my Christmas movies and seeing lights and just reveling in the magic of Christmas. Silly me.
But, that aside, even through the craziness, I haven't missed out on EVERYTHING yet.

 I get to walk through Temple Square everyday and see the absolute wonder they make the grounds during Christmas. It absolutely blows my mind how they do it. There's just SO many lights. It makes my hands ache to think of the hours it took. I even saw them putting them up and I still don't understand. 

I also get to be with my family more during the season then I ever have before. And that was something I missed terribly during school. I'll Be Home for Christmas knew what it was talking about. 

Cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies with my sisters, mom and best friends have definitely been a highlight. Some things will just never lose their entertainment, and cheesy christmas TV movies is one of them. 

Shopping. I'm talking gift shopping. There's something about getting the perfect gift that literally gets me as giddy as a Olaf the Snowman. I can't tell if I'm more excited, or them. Usually me. hehe. But that's okay. It gives me that thrill that I can't let go of! 

Bing Crosby's voice. That's all I have to say. 

Also, I just saw Rise of the Guardians for the first time. First off, Russian Santa. That's the most legit thing I've ever seen. Hugh Jackman as the Easter Bunny was possibly the most accurate rendition and from now on will I picture the Easter Bunny as Australian and sassy. Then Chris Pine=Jack Frost=love of my life. That's all someone had to say and I was a goner. 

Anyways......

Christmas encompasses one of the happiest and most memorable times of the year for me. The endless goodies, the music, the utter joy on kids faces, the chance to remember whats really important. And this month, I've had the chance to do things for the people I love and THAT is what really matters. 

#merrychristmas 

You Might Also Like

0 comments