Pizza: Practically Perfect in Every Way

By 6/16/2014 , , , ,

I am convinced that true happiness comes in the simplest of things. I like to believe I'm an easily pleased person. It doesn't take much to make me happy. But there is one thing, that no matter what the circumstance, no matter what the day, time, place, WHATEVER it may be, I will always, ALWAYS have a desire for. 


Pizza. 

I am a mere mortal. But with every fiber of my being, I cannot deny the absolute desire and love I have for pizza. Call me crazy. Call me...strange. But any true pizza lover will empathize. 

There is just something about that smell of the sauce, cheese and toppings that just makes my mouth literally salivate. Oh gosh. I'm salivating just thinking about it. 

Let's talk about the great characteristics pizza has that no one can deny. 

  1. It has the capability of combining literally any sort of flavors and foods you want. Think about it, there's the classic pepperoni and cheese. But then we have things like BBQ chicken (Yum) or chicken alfredo (YUM) or artichoke and basil (YUMMMM) or there's even navajo taco pizzas. Club pizzas. Pear and Gorgonzola. You think I'm lying. California Pizza Kitchen would back me up on ALL of those. 
  2. Don't even get me started on dessert pizzas. 
  3. Pizza goes irrevocably with basketball. It's like they belong together. 
  4. It has the power to make you hungry, no matter how NOT hungry you are. The instant you catch a whiff of that powerfully delicious smell, you're a goner, and you know it. 
  5. Pizza is an everybody kind of food. If you are one of those utterly weird people that doesn't like pizza.....then...well..........I have pity on your life. 
  6. It has the power to draw people to events and activities that the activity itself doesn't even have. Don't deny it. We've all attended things merely because FREE PIZZA was plastered on the flyer. #guilty #longlivepizza
I don't understand the power it has over me. Pizza always sounds good. I always want it. I can't say no to it. Ever. And I don't want to. Thin crust. Thick crust. STUFFED crust (we all know you and I both begged for that as children). 1 slice. 8 slices. All pure heaven. Heck, people love pizza so much, they've made it a flavor for OTHER foods. Gold fish. Doritos. Pringles. People can't get enough pizza. 

Remember back in grade school when every friday was pizza friday in the cafeteria? Yeah, we didn't appreciate that nearly as much as we should have.  

Am I a littler over-obsessed with pizza? Not even close. Am I writing this because I'm working to be healthy and preserve my life? Maybe. Do I regret ever loving pizza as much as I do? No. No I do not. 

#fatandhappy 

You Might Also Like

0 comments