Take it from Bing

By 5/31/2014 , , , , ,



One of the most beautiful and heart warming songs I think exists in this small universe is Count Your Blessings. The version Bing Crosby sings in White Christmas. Hands down it is the best and greatest. 

Why?

Well, first...Bing Crosby's voice has that magical power to wrap you in a warm blanket and transport you to your happy place. Second, the song is absolutely one of the most positive and morale boosting songs. 

Count your blessings when all else seems to be dark, dreary, and down right.....dreadful. Hahaha, sounds dismal......and drab.....hahaha okay enough alliterations. 

I remember as a child when I was scared, or I had a nightmare, or something was worrying me, this song always came into my head. Bing knew what to say. I just had to remember the things that I DID have and that everything was okay in my small little world. 

My life ain't perfect. And...I think it's safe to assume your's isn't either. When I'm having a bad day, things tend to collide for me. It's like life couldn't be more ridiculous towards me, and then the radio station has the audacity to play a song that triggers unwanted emotions. It's like....who does that to a person?! I find myself yelling at the radio station,(because they can definitely hear me), telling them to go bother someone else. I will neither confirm nor deny this happening on multiple occasions.  

That's okay though. You can yell at the radio all you want. Feel crummy for a few minutes, hours, whatever. But then......take Bing's advice stop counting them sheep. They need a break. 

Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney in White Christmas, Count your blessingsLet's practice a little bit shall we? Here's how it's done.  

First blessing--I have to legs to run on. Currently training for a half marathon, and I'm extremely grateful for a body that works well and is healthy and strong. 

Second blessing--My ceiling fan. It saves lives. More like my life. In this summer heat. 

Third blessing--I have friends who can indulge me in the silliest and simplest ways. And don't judge me for anything. 

Fourth blessing--Though the sun beats down on my face and I want to curse it sometimes, I love the sunshine, and its reminder that the world is alive and beautiful. 

Fifth blessing--Thank you, Oahu Coconut Bath and Body Works lotion, for making me feel like I'm sipping a pina colada on the beach while I'm really sipping my luke warm water, sprawled in my 78 degree bed.

That's not so hard now is it? It can be as simple as the pillow under your head, or as deep as someone close to you that makes you happy no matter what. 

Sometimes.....life roughs you up a little bit. Sometimes it gives you boxes of chocolates. And then other times it punches you in the face. BUT......life still goes on, so why shouldn't we? 

We all have problems and challenges in our life, but it's how you choose to deal with those challenges that shows what kind of person you are. 

So, take it from Bing. Count yours blessings instead of sheep. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments