It's like I don't even care what happens the rest of the day!

By 3/06/2014 , , , , , , ,

Sometimes, things happen that literally make the rest of your day worth living. It doesn't matter what happens. It's like you're on cloud nine and there ain't nothing that's going to bring you down. It could be pouring rain, you're homework could get lost, your favorite shirt could get stained, the internet could stop working. Nothing. Nothing can change how awesome that one thing is.

For example:

Getting something out of the vending machine and it "accidentally" gives you TWO instead of one.  THAT is divine intervention.

Finding a money in your pocket that you forgot about. #suddenlyrich

Getting free frozen yogurt because you hit an even number of ounces.

Getting a tid bit of trivia information right. And then being justified by IMDB.

Finding something on clearance that is THEN 50% off. BEST kind of day.

When the song your listening to outside goes perfectly with the weather. Its like the soundtrack to your life is playing.

Getting validated by a stranger in anything. ANYTHING.

Being re-tweeted by someone you don't know. I don't know why I love that. It probably goes back to that validation thing. 

Seeing someone you marginally famous at the store, campus, or anywhere. #nowimfamous 

Meeting someone that loves something as much as you do so you end up talking to them about it for 30 minutes, but you don't even know their name. That's the real deal people. 

Eating good food. (yep, sometimes just eating something delicious makes my whole day worth living) 

Things like this are just small, simple things that make life ten times more enjoyable. I think it just reminds you that there is a force in this world that is actually working FOR you, rather then against you. Even if it's just giving you a dollar in your pocket.

Related to this, I found a TEDtalk that's all about staying in the moment, or simply enjoying the moment. People are happier in moments. I thought it was an interesting take on the subject.


No one can make you happy. Someone can make you happier, but no one can make you happy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments