thankful.

By 11/19/2012 , , , , , , , , ,

it's that time of year again. the time when everyone sits down and lists what they are thankful for. to be honest, i think we could be doing this everyday. personally, i keep a thankful journal that helps me reflect a lot on what i've been blessed with each day. but, i guess since it's thanksgiving, I can list a few more things. :)

First, my not as serious list:

1. my coat. it keeps me warm each morning walking to work. and plus i look cute in it. two birds with one stone if you ask me.
2. my mothers cupcakes. do i really need to say anymore then that?
3. old movies. i love love love love love love old movies. i could watch them all day.
4. pinterest. because it gives me a good laugh, gives me yummy food, and lets me imagine how cute i could be if i had money.
5. spotify. i honestly wouldn't live without my spotify playlists.
6. my computer. what would i do without my computer? nothing. i would fail school.
7. dinner group. it's saved me this semester, but also gained me good friends. :)
8. chapstick. I NEED MY CHAPSTICK.
9. sports pass. I live for my Cougars and seeing them conquer on the field or the court.
10. The library's classic movies. Some of the funnest nights of my college experience has come from watching old movies in a theater. :) It takes me back to the time I wish I was from.

Serious thankful time now...

Friends

I know everyone says this, but I'm being completely serious. I'm so lucky to have such a great support group other then my family. They make me want to be better. I look up to every single one for different reasons. They deal with my low days and with my high days. They're excited for me. They cry with me. They laugh with me. They cook with me. They write me letters. Watch old movies with me. They are all great people and will do so many great things in their lives. I hope I can someday return their kindness.

Family

I have been blessed with a wonderful family. I have four siblings that keep life exciting. All of them have blessed my life in some sort of way; Sarah has taught me to be more patient, and to not be such a stiff. i love that we can love things together and understand what the other feels. Hannah is probably one of the coolest people to hang out with, and she's proving to me more and more each day that she is going to pass me up in beauty, talent, and knowledge! She's amazing. Mia, my blonde and blue eyed twiner. I love it when she's so excited to see me when I go home, and that she is so happy and outgoing all the time. No one can keep up with her. And Andrew. The brother that I've always wanted could not be any cuter. With that big smile, and charming brown eyes, I wish he never had to grow up.
My parents are the best parents in the world. They taught me to be thoughtful, kind, and aware of others before myself. They taught me the importance of work and working hard. They have taught me to be responsible and independent. I know I would not have done as well on my own if they had not raised me this way. Most importantly, they taught me the importance of the gospel and living by it fully. That my Heavenly Father loves me. I'm not perfect, but I certainly want to be for them. I know I don't say it nearly enough, and that I'm not good at saying it, but I love them, and always will.

My Education

I am so grateful for the chance I've had and still have to be going to such an amazing university. I've learned so much throughout my schooling, I can't even begin to describe it. I've gained appreciation for so many things in this world. I've explored different things and gained a greater testimony of many things. If our knowledge is the only thing from this world we can take to heaven, I plan on getting as much of it as I possibly can. No matter how much it keeps me poor. :)

My Testimony

I would be absolutely no where without this gospel. It defines me. It guides me. It teaches me. It blesses me. Everything I have, do and will do is because of it. I want my life to be dedicated to showing my love for others and the love that Heavenly Father has for them. I want to be able to look my Savior and Heavenly Father in the eye and say that I did everything I possibly could to represent them and do what was right. I want him to be proud of his daughter.

Thanksgiving is a great time of year. As much as I love christmas, and may listen to christmas music before people think I should, I don't overlook Thanksgiving. It helps me to sit back and put my life in perspective. I'm grateful for the time off from school and my worries and just spend time with my family and eat good food. :)

Happy Thanksgiving :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments