the happiest place on earth :)

By 6/10/2012 , , , , , , , , , , , ,

well folks.

disneyland was a success.

but what else could you really expect?

i could go through each day, but i'm too lazy. So you get the highlights and a bunch of pictures. :)

1. We enjoyed delicious food. From Goofy's Kitchen, the Rocket Cafe, and the Blue Bayou, we were certainly not under fed. We also enjoyed the classic churros and frozen bananas. And, being the adventurous family we are, we tried the mint juleps and mickey beignets. They were wonderful! I would eat them every day if i could.
2. Andrew (5 years old) tried a lot of new things. He loved Star Tours (2x), Pirates of the Caribbean (5x), and Jungle Cruise (3x). But one of the best things was the Jedi Training. He was the very last kid picked out of the crowd, and boy was he excited. And it was probably one of the cutest and funniest things I've ever seen. It was a little harder for him, because the jedi's were showing them moves as if they were right handed. But Andrew is left-handed....so...that made it even more entertaining. He defeated Darth Vader, not once...but twice. Somehow...he got back in line without the trainers noticing...and so he did it twice. And he was very pleased with himself.
3. World of Color was probably the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Holy smokes. I was not expecting it at all. I knew it was going to be good. But NOTHING like what I saw. I saw water do things I never thought possible. It truly was a World of color. We all wanted to just sit down and watch it all over again.
4. Fast Passes are wonderful things. Honestly...I don't know why people even stand in the regular line. But, by all means, let them stand, because then i get to skip ahead of them and get right on the ride. We did Thunder Mountain twice, Indiana Jones twice, Space Mountain twice, Star Tours twice, and even got to do Splash Mountain without standing in a 70 minute line. Whoever thought of THAT idea was clearly having a good day.
5. One thing I was prepared for, and then again not prepared for was the complete exhaustion after each day. By day three we were are spent half way through the day. And more then one of the us was envious of my grandmother's wheel chair.
6. One thing I thought was funny, and just typical Andrew behavior, is that he would constantly enjoy waving and saying hello to all the cast members at Disneyland. Particularly right when we got off a ride, he would just smile and wave at the cast member standing by.
7. I already miss having my bed made everyday for me.
8. Finally, I conquered Screamin'. Yes, it's true. I had never been on it. But I have the stomach like a bowl of water. So it was quite the big deal. And yes, I did enjoy it. I did not, however, enjoy waiting in line which only made me more sick thinking about it. But I did it. And it was terrifyingly fun. 

I put together a slideshow of pictures. But......it won't upload. So...here are just a few pictures for you to enjoy. :)









beignets :)


lovin me some good jazz music.




screaming....a lot...


And kenz......here are your artsy pictures for you. :)




It was a wonderful vacation. And I really hated leaving. As we were walking out of the park, I took my sentimental moment and just listening to the music and looked around me. Disneyland truly is the star of the show. Walt Disney knew what he was doing. :)

Thanks Walt.

Song of the Day: Mickey Mouse March

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. awww I miss disneyland so much! ha that is the one downfall to pregnancy. I didn't want to go, and not be able to ride any of the rides! I'm so jealous! your family is so darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so true! I could never go to disneyland while i was pregnant! But soon you can go with your little one! Once he gets a little older! how much fun will that be? Aww...love ya!

      Delete
  2. That awkward moment when you don't mention your sister's birthday.........................................

    ReplyDelete