Introducing Andrew Mitchell Ogden *the most attractive boy you'll meet*

By 12/19/2011 , , , ,

Well, I thought it was probably about time that I properly introduced my brother. 

You may see him mentioned on facebook, you may not.

But here you go:

Name. Andrew Mitchell Ogden
Birthday: February 8
Age: 4 
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Blonde
Other physical qualities: Cheesy grin, and really nice long eye lashes....

Favorites:

Game to play: Superheros, tackle your sisters to the ground, run as fast as you can
Person: Me....and the superheros
Sound: Superhero sounds
Color: Whatever color the superheros like
Food: Hot dogs, red peppers (i'm serious, he eats these like crazy) and anything else unhealthy
Movie: Superhero movies, disney movies, etc...
TV show: Jake and the Neverland Pirates (currently, it kind of shifts every so often)

Funny Habits: He likes to twirl is hair. Haha, it sounds funny, but it's true. It's comforting to him. Kind of like how a girl likes to twirl her hair (I'm guilty, it's a habit of mine). Except he just twirls the very top of his hair, so my mom has to constantly comb it down so that little section of hair doesn't stick up all the time.

In addition to that, he really likes to touch OTHER peoples hair. So if you hold him, or sit by him, his hand may sneak up in your hair. And he just so happens to have FOUR sisters plus his mom.....so there's a lot of hair. 

For those of you who have never met Andrew in person, you don't really understand what he sounds like when he speaks. My little brother struggles in speaking a few letters correctly, just like any other small child. The letters he struggles with the most are:

  • C & K---So for example, when he says the word 'cake' it sounds like 'tate'. he replaces the hard k sound with a t. it's really quite cute. If we sit down and work with him, he can usually get the right sound to come out, but he has to think hard about it. :)
  • G---it's kind of hard to explain how he says his g's. For words like 'go' or 'goat' it sounds similar to 'doe' or 'doat'. But he is getting better with this sound now, it's a work in progress. 
  • R--This letter varies. Some words he can get the r sound, some he can't. 'Red' and 'run' sound more like 'wed' and 'yun'. Even when he says the "rrr" sound it's more like a round open sound...kind of like saying a r with an english accent. Just not on purpose. Imagine Elmer Fudd...in 4 year old boy form...
  • L---words like 'love' or 'like' it would  be 'wove or yove' or 'yite'. But actually he is improving on this one as well. His 'l' sounds are much more convincing. :) 
So now with that in mind, you just have to imagine putting it all together, and him talking really fast. It's really quite amazing how he manages to be semi-coherent. So, one of his quotes I have is this:

"okay, im all changed! Now its time for some kissinggg!"

But really, it sounds like this:

"ohtae! I'm all changet! Now its time for some tissinnn!" 

It's cuter that way. At least in my opinion. :)

Other memorable quotes from him are:

"In the winter we can build a snowman. In the winter we can build a snowman. In the winter we can build a snowman." "Andrew, sing the rest of it....'And pretend that he's...." *pause* "Jimmer!"

 "Mom, guess if I'm a wiseman or baby Jesus." lays down with a doll and curls up snoring. "Uh, baby Jesus?" Bounces back up. "Yeah!! You guessed it mom!"

"Mom, can you guess what I am?" *He just stands there, my mom pauses* "Um, Andrew?"  *Smiles big* "I'm being a statue! An Andrew statue!" 
*So I had just gotten home from school for the break. Set my stuff on the table, which included my new BYU cougar pillow pet from my roommate. Andrew runs up to me, but before even saying hello says..* "Is that a pillow pet?!" "Yes it is!" "Oh my goodness! It's so cute! Wait! I'll go get mine!" *Runs upstairs. 2 minutes later, comes back. And sets his dog pillow pet next to mine* "Audrey, look! They're friends." He then continued to sit next to them, and tell everyone that came in or out that I had a pillow pet and it was so cute and that he had one and they were friends. Later..."What's his name Audrey?" "Harry." "Harry? Well, I like Cougary (in his language that sounds like toodry). So that's what I'm going to call him." 

*On Valentine's Day* "Mewy Twistmas! Ecept it's Vawentines Day!" 

He frequently says "I love you". Like he will just walk up to you and say he loves you. Even people he doesn't know super well. That's how loving he is. :)






I have wanted a little brother since I was at least.....4 years old. But we had lots of girls instead! Which is great. Don't get me wrong. But obviously you can see what kind of great joy and entertainment this little man brings. There are 15 years between us, so I'll likely be out of the house for most of his growing up years, but that just means I'm his favorite sister right? That's how I like to think of it. He's a sweetheart. He'll steal girls hearts someday. So be careful if you come over.....you may be smitten.

Song of the Day: One Toy Soldier---Enya 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments