Whaaaaaat a Weekend
Man.
What a weekend it has been.
I don't even remember what i did on Friday....hold on....let me think about it...
(7 minutes later)
Oh YEAH! I went home. My dad showed up at my apartment unexpectedly. And decided to take me home. I was okay with that. Why?
1) I didn't have to make dinner
2) I needed to go home the next day anyways.
3) I haven't done laundry in......well.....that should probably be kept confidential.
4) My little siblings are cute. :)
5) I got to sleep in my own bed.
So went home, enjoyed a night with the fam. Dreaming about Christmas and the different stuff going on. Watched the basketball game. Nough said.
Saturday
Woke up. My family left for various activities, because they have lives. So I cleaned the major part of the house for them. Showered. Dressed. Did my laundry.
Then went to a bridal shower for Kim Welch! Which served as a reunion for lots of us friends. So much fun! Lot's of "Oh my gosh I haven't seen you in months!" "AHH I love you!" "Remember when?!" "You go to BYU ?!? what?! So do I!!"
It was great. We're so happy for Kim!
Went home. Chilled with the family some more. Then went back to Provo and started preparing for the cold football game.
My layers went as follows:
-Long sleeve shirt
-BYU t-shirt
-Jacket
-BYU sweatshirt
-Winter coat
-Double layered gloves
-Socks
-Fuzzy socks
-Boots
-Hand warmers
It actually worked quite well. The first half wasn't bad. Second half got a little chilly. But we survived. Not that it was much of an exciting game...but...at least we won right?
Good stuff.
Then Erika and I decided that to help reward ourselves from staying out all night would be to have a sleepover in our living room. With our mattresses. And hot chocolate. Watch a Remington Steele episode. Then watch a old movie (Deanna Durbin to be exact). So we did. And it was MOST rewarding. Felt like little school girls! So much fun! We'll probably be doing it more often now. Yeah...yeah we will.
![]() |
| proof |
Church was pretty entertaining today. Bishop's phone went off in the middle of the sacrament. Another phone went off. A couple doing weird things. Bread in the water tray. I de-covered our hymn book. Yeah....it was interesting. haha but good.
Best part of the day. I went to my friend Rachel's apartment for dinner. I met her last year in my ward, and we have stayed in contact and become pretty good friends! And we basically just vented about life. Missionary boy life. She listened to my insanely girly giddy story of a missionary friend (who is returning soon) and I listened to her boy stories. And it was probably one of the best Sunday nights. What's better then friends you can just talk with? Nothing. It's a treasure.
Life goes on. Another week begins. I have two papers due this week. Have I started them? Sorta......wish me luck.
Finals are looming....closer...and closer.....the storm is gathering.
Song of the Day: Breathe of Heaven---Amy Grant

0 comments