Ode to Psych
What do you get when you put an irresponsible, childish, yet fairly intelligent man, a black man that can blow your mind just by saying "Hello" AND tap dances, a cop/detective that......well idk, obscure 80's references, outlandish body movements due to psychic episodes, pineapples, "What.", and endless, ENDLESS awesome intros.
psych.
I am here to tell you ladies and gentlemen, that you will not find a show quite like this anywhere else. Now, I'm not about to explain the whole show to you poor people that have not been converted. This is however, an ode to psych for those fans who will truly enjoy it. For those poor people I mentioned before, I suggest you reconsider your life right now and think about joining the TRUE cult of psychdom.
If there is one thing that I can never stop enjoying, it is the endless Gus intros. They are too much. I just..can't...handle the awesomeness. You will find "Silly Pants Jackson". You will find "Magic Eight Ball Head". And don't forget Gus "T.T. Showbiz. The extra T is for EXTRA talent." The list goes on. In fact, I have a list for you. How complete it is, I do not know. But for you Psych fans, you should get a kick from it.
Bighead Burton
Fingers
Homeskillet
Big Baby Burton
Blackstar
Chocolate Columbo
Spellmaster
SuperSniffer
Slicks
Peter Panic
Ovaltine Jenkins
Schoonie "U-Turn" Singleton
Ernest Lamberg Watkins
Bud (from "The Cosby Show")
Nick Nack
Bruton Gaster
Lavender Gooms
Lemongrass Gogulope
Squirts MacIntosh
Weepy Boy Santos
Dr. Mc (random Bushmen) Took
François
Galileo Humpkins
Shmuel Cohen
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Shutterfly Simmons
Paddy Simcox
Chesterfield McMillan
Felicia Fancybottom
Tan
Longbranch Pennywhistle
Scrooge Jones
D'Andre Pride
Hummingbird Saltalamacchia
Wally Ali
Dequan "Smallpox" Randolph
Trapezius Milkington
Sterling Cooper
Burton "Oil Can" Guster
Hollaback Atcha
Jazz Hands
Gus Brown
John Slade
Detective Miles
Greg
Doughnut Holschtein
Ron Davis
Bob Adams
Harry Munroe
Rich Fingerland
Black Magic
Cheswick
Shawn (no relation)
Fingers
Homeskillet
Big Baby Burton
Blackstar
Chocolate Columbo
Spellmaster
SuperSniffer
Slicks
Peter Panic
Ovaltine Jenkins
Schoonie "U-Turn" Singleton
Ernest Lamberg Watkins
Bud (from "The Cosby Show")
Nick Nack
Bruton Gaster
Lavender Gooms
Lemongrass Gogulope
Squirts MacIntosh
Weepy Boy Santos
Dr. Mc (random Bushmen) Took
François
Galileo Humpkins
Shmuel Cohen
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Shutterfly Simmons
Paddy Simcox
Chesterfield McMillan
Felicia Fancybottom
Tan
Longbranch Pennywhistle
Scrooge Jones
D'Andre Pride
Hummingbird Saltalamacchia
Wally Ali
Dequan "Smallpox" Randolph
Trapezius Milkington
Sterling Cooper
Burton "Oil Can" Guster
Hollaback Atcha
Jazz Hands
Gus Brown
John Slade
Detective Miles
Greg
Doughnut Holschtein
Ron Davis
Bob Adams
Harry Munroe
Rich Fingerland
Black Magic
Cheswick
Shawn (no relation)
Another thing with Psych that I truly enjoy, for some odd reason, is the incessant use of the word "What." I don't know about you, but I never knew that the word "what" could be used in so many ways. If you don't understand what I mean, I suggest you watch the following clip.
Because of this, I have broken the rules of grammar and used the word "what" in similar ways as Shawn and Gus.
Another highly enjoyable aspect of this show would have to be Shawn's frequent use of the phrase, "Gus, don't be....." It's amazing to me the amount of things that Shawn can continually think of. Amazing. See for yourself.
Psych never ceases to entertain me. From the witty lines, to the dumb lines that make you laugh anyways, to shawn and gus' arguing, to the Mary the man (just ask him to shake your hand sometime), to Gus' conversation starters--"Heard about Pluto? That's messed up."---to the infamous and always victorious fist bumps. It is the best thing that has happened to TV. Thank you.
To end this, I would like to list some of MY personal favorite quotes.
Burton 'Gus' Guster: Brazilian airport codes. How do you know that?
Shawn Spencer: I lived in an airport for a month, Gus.
Burton 'Gus' Guster: That was Tom Hanks in The Terminal.
Shawn Spencer: Same difference.
Receptionist: There is a Lt. Crunch here to see you.
Burton 'Gus' Guster: Crunch?
Shawn Spencer: [enters, dressed in a Civil War uniform] Actually, I've been promoted. It's Captain Crunch.
Shawn Spencer: I can't believe this. You lifted your look right off this mannequin!
Burton 'Gus' Guster: On the contrary, Shawn. Clearly, someone is stealing my look.
Shawn Spencer: Right... I did see Tommy Hilfiger creeping from bush to bush sketching you.
Carlton Lassiter: Now I need to know your process.
Shawn Spencer: Do you really want to know my process?
Carlton Lassiter: Absolutely.
Shawn Spencer: Well, it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Burton 'Gus' Guster: And if there's time in between? ThunderCats. Ho-oh!
Shawn:
I don't know what I would do without Psych. My life, would cease to exist. At least at an exciting level.
And let me just say......
Oct. 12 will be a day to remember.
P.S. Sorry the font turned small.....i...i don't know what happened...and then....i couldn't fix it.
Song of the Day: I Know, That You Know---Friendly Indians
0 comments