A Dream to become a Reality

By 6/02/2011 , , ,

I have always wanted to go on Study Abroad. Always. I never knew where. Just somewhere foreign, away from Utah. 

But never in my dreams did I think I would actually do it.

That's right folks. 

I'm going to do Study Abroad. Next year. In Vienna. 

Vienna. Sigh. Do you know how beautiful that place is? Do you understand what historical significance that place has? Oh my. So much. 

First, take a look at what I will be enjoying. 

Multiple concert halls




the home of Mozart :)


Now that you are enthralled by the beauty, read what I will be DOING there:


  • Your work in the classroom will be augmented by many experiences outside the classroom. Leave the power point slides behind and see real masterpieces live and in person in the Kunsthistorisches Museum, the Leopold, the Albertina, and the Belvedere. We’ll attend concerts in vast music halls and soaring cathedrals. And we’ll introduce you to the many unique offerings of life in Vienna, from the cakes and conversation of its café culture, to the joys of swimming in the Danube, shopping for food at the vast Naschmarkt (outdoor food market), or taking a ride on the giant wheel at the Prater (Vienna’s amusement park).
  • The program includes a short bike tour through the Austrian countryside to the magnificent Melk Abbey, a monastery overlooking the Danube.
  • As part of the program, we will also travel to Salzburg for the opening of the annual Salzburg Folk Festival. We’ll enjoy a few days of concerts, performances, and visits to local places of interest, such as Mozart’s birthplace, the Salzburg Cathedral, and Hellbrunn Palace.
  • From Salzburg we’ll head to the small village of Dorfgastein, nestled in the Austrian Alps, and enjoy hikes to local farmhouses where we’ll sample the fresh cheese and famous pastries. Then it’s back down the mountain for an evening of traditional music and dance at the town hall.
  • We’ll cross in to Germany to explore Munich and its surroundings, including the famous Neuschwanstein castle built by King Ludwig II of Bavaria.
  • Students will also have the opportunity for independent weekend travel. Options include Prague, Budapest, Venice, etc. 
Does that not just sound amazing??? Well it does. And I'm going to do it. It will take a LOT of work. And saving. And basically no extra spending on my part. So if I say I can't go out for a simple ice cream, or roxberry,..........this is why. lol. Vienna vs. Roxberry?? Hmmmm...tough choice. ;)

So, there is my future for you. Next summer I'm going to Vienna, Austria. Nough said.

Song of the Day: We All Really Need Love----NSYNC (yeah, this song has nothing to do with the post)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm so excited for you! I spent a little time in Salzburg with a choir tour group in high school! I absolutely loved it there. You have to go visit the abbey where the original Sound of Music happened while singing the Hills Are Alive of course :) There's a giant chess board too! Mozart's house is very...eccentric but cool! You're going to LOOOVE it! Ah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHH!!! I'm just so excited. :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete