Freshman Year? CHECK!
Wow. I cannot describe to you how weird it is to say that I'm finished with my freshman year at college. It feels like just yesterday I was moving in. But then if I really think about it, it feels like it was a long time ago. I can honestly say that I think I've grown a lot in the past year (not just the freshman 15, which, btw, I DID NOT get, thank you very much. :) )
But first, as is customary for me, I must make a list of the accomplishments and highlights of my freshman year. Here ya go.
1. Well..I got in to BYU. I feel like that is an accomplishment.
2. I roomed with two random people, and I love them.
![]() |
| This is my room at the beginning of Fall semester |
4. I grew accustomed to walking everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE. All the time. Everyday. Walking to the store. Walking to campus. Walking to class. Walking to work. Walking up stairs. Walking down stairs. Walking to Cafe Rio. Everywhere. Have I made myself clear? A year ago today, there is no way I would have thought of walking so much. I was a lazy bum. I'll admit that straight out.
![]() |
| And NOW. |
6. Lunch at the Wilk with Erika and Brett. It happened more during 1st semester, but I always really enjoyed it. Fun to be with them. :)
7. Sleepovers with my best friend Erika Bunker. OH ERIKA! So great. Our old movie obsession is the greatest thing to ever happen to us. I love it. I love her more. Thanks hun!
8. Coloring nights at Apt. 271. Oh Apt. 271. :)
9. Harvard Sailing Team. That's all I can say.
![]() |
| And NOW again. Empty. No character at all. |
11. Just sitting in a room with Pricilla, Rachael, and Kenzi. That's too great for me to handle.
12. ACING my tests. That was always a good feeling.
13. Psych nights. So good.
14. Pretty much ANY movie night at Trevis, Jaren, and Ryan's apt.
15. I remember the first paper I did for college, and I got an A on it. And it was in my honors class. And it was pretty much the greatest feeling I've ever felt. I felt smart. haha
16. HARRY POTTER 7 MIDNIGHT PREMIERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17. Turning 19. That was kinda weird. But good nonetheless.
18. Shopping trips. For food. For some reason, I just really enjoy that. That's probably a good thing...since I'll be a mom....who is supposed to do that. lol
19. Having a campus job. Biggest blessing ever.
20. Writing a freaking concerto with Jaren Wood. I think it's safe to say that that's one of my life's greatest accomplishments.
21. CES firesides. They were always so comforting and inspiring. That's the great thing about living at BYU. haha
22. Deciding to do things with your friends...at 11 at night. I don't know how my parents are going to feel about that.
23. Having girls nights. Nothing can really compare to that. Really.
24. Making treats with Kenz. Just cuz we felt like it.
25. Astronomy. As much as I kinda hated the class at times, and didn't understand it, I really learned a lot. And I feel cool that I can name all the constellations. I'm a space nerd, okay.
26. Going on a formal date to an ROTC ball. Cool right? Yeah, but only because my date was the attractive Trevis Thomas.
27. Skyping my friends from other colleges. :)
28. BYU BASKETBALL. Jimmer. Jackson. Jimmer. Kyle. Jimmer. Brandon. Jimmer. Charles. Jimmer. Stephen. Jimmer. Noah. Jimmer. JIMMER. Ah. I just miss them already. It was such an incredible season. Definitely had some downs, but had many more UPS (not the truck). Such a rewarding feeling to watch them. I stood in line for two hours in the wet snow, in a dress, and cloth shoes. Just for a wristband to get INTO the game. I've slept out in line twice for them. I bought two shirts. Kept newspaper clippings. Gave everything I could for them. I just loved this. It was definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity.
29. Occasional shopping trips to the mall. :) Sometimes a girl just needs something new.
30. Saying goodbye to good friends......that's what missions do.
31. Gained a greater appreciation for my family. It's sad to say that it took me moving away to realize how much I love them. And go figure...they missed me too. ;)
32. <---------Jimmer. <3
33. Finding a new found love for the Beatles. :) So great. SO GREAT.
34. Learning a beautiful Chopin piece. Oh my. Why have I never played Chopin before this? I don't know.
35. Cooking. I have learned to love and hate cooking. I love cooking something yummy, I just don't like doing it everyday. My poor future husband....lol.
36. Sunday dinners with Ashley and Tacy. Some of the best memories have come from Sunday evenings with them.
37. Watching people from out of Utah be shocked at the weather. I just find that so entertaining.
38. Book of Mormon. That was one of my favorite classes this year. I learned so much. I can't describe it. It's a true book, that's all I can say.
39. Becoming a better person. Gaining a stronger idea of who I am and what I want to become. Learning to cope with more responsibility. Loving life.
40. There was no way I could end on #39. So. Here's 40.
Well, that was not even a 4th of what I could list. but....my hands are tired. I would like to mention that I have cleaned my body out...not literally my body, but...my apartment. I have literally dried my hands out of existence. Literally. But I will say this, my oven.......yeah it looks awesome. I dare you to cook something in it and have it not turn into something cooked by Bobby Flay. Dare you. My room is empty. Which is weird. My clothes are gone. (I have a lot more than I thought I did). Anywho..
OH. Okay. best thing ever. I bought my first pair of high heels. I know. It's legendary. I will wear them on sunday. Along with my MAN TRAP outfit I got to go with them. Good thing I'll be back at home, where all the boys are gone on missions............................not. Oh well.
Well, I think that's it for my freshman year. Weird. Well. Sophomore year.....here I COME!
Song of the Day: Song for Audrey----Backseat Goodbye



0 comments