Breaking News....I'm sorry...

By 4/10/2011

It's happened.

that is supposedly what a galaxy looks like...oo...awww.
My world has come to a halt. Stop. End. Never to go back. And it's all thanks to my Astronomy teacher who had no reservations in telling us a most dreadful thing(s). Here it is.

.................There is no center...to.....the.....Universe.

NO CENTER. Do you understand what I just said? I have been lied to all my life. What am I supposed to do now? Just go and live my life?? NO. There is no centricity (yes..yes i did just make that word up) to my world, my UNIVERSE. Where will we all go now when all the billions of galaxies are supposed to gather together huh? Well we won't, because there is no spot to go. Tragic. I know. Just soak it all in and you will be disappointed as well.

pretty right? yeah..not real.
still not real. *Que the oo's and aww's.
I would just like to add that Astronomy has greatly affected my belief and grasp of time, and space, and size, mass, anything really. Do you realize that the pictures we see of galaxies or nebulas or star clusters or anything far away in space for that matter doesn't really look like that anymore? In fact, it took probably at least 14 million years for that photo/light to get back here on earth. So that galaxy could be destroyed right now...and NO one would even know it. Tricky right? Yeah it's crazy. And stars are giant. Some stars are even SUPER giant (me and Kenzi have noticed that astronomers like to just add a SUPER on to anything that needs to be described as larger in than giant, or huge. Their vocabulary is very limited.)

The funny things about all of this is that none of it is right. Or wrong for that matter. Because we have no idea what really happens out there. They have no idea what's inside of a star, because get this......they can't see inside of stars, and probably never will. They can't see black holes. They can't see inside other galaxies. They don't know what is inside planets. Heck, they don't know what's inside of EARTH. It's all theory. Yes, they will try to convince you that they do indeed know what they are talking about. But don't listen. It will probably all change in 200,000 years or so....oh...sorry about that...200,000 years seems a but long huh? Yeah. It's not really that long. And it never will be.

even MORE unrealistic.
So all of this, all those things out there, inside, outside, anywhere, just don't have a cow about it. Let Heavenly Father do his thing. I'm pretty sure he's not going to make a galaxy collapse into us for fun. That seems a little....pointless, don't ya think? Just look at the pretty pictures they come up with. Give some ooo's and awww's, and then move on. It's the safest way. Trust me.

This is why I'm an American Studies major. Because it's based off things we KNOW happened. Go figure.




Song of the Day: Dig a Little Deeper---Mama Ottie, Princess and the Frog

You Might Also Like

0 comments