things. that. affect. me.

By 3/07/2011

BYU: Contrary to any prior belief, BYU, the actual school of BYU, has affected me. Although...the influence of a really good basketball team may be a large contribution. I mean, how can you ignore a #3 team in the country? Who comes from a little mormon town in Utah? Oh, and that guy named Jimmer? Yeah, he's pretty awesome. And that guy named Jackson? Yeah, he's also pretty awesome. I may or may not be on the border of worship.........eh, let's be honest. I do worship them. BUT, my point, is that BYU is a good school, even without beautiful, wonderful, talented, basketball players.

Hair: I'm sorry. I bring it up constantly. But my hair is getting to that awkward length stage. And every girl should be able to empathize with me. It's not too fun. And I'm a girl who enjoys a haircut more then anything else in the world. It's the best feeling. But when you're trying to grow out your hair.....you can't cut it. Go figure. And it's rough. My friends are going to have to hold my hand through this. And in some cases, that may mean holding me down so I don't run to a salon and beg them to cut it. Because I would. Really.

Service Desk: The help desk that co-exists with me at work. Across the hall. It can get pretty crazy. During my time here, I have heard conversation topics on the following:
Dating--discussed by both men and women. It's interesting to hear both sides of it.
Marriage--somehow, everything leads to marriage.
Video games--imagine a couple of married, grown men, going on for a couple hours about the new war game they just got. I was lost within the first sentence.
Customers--Sometimes it's about the customer's attitude, knowledge of computers, or how cute the girl/guy was.
Food--J Dawgs i the most popular, seeming how it's down the hill from us. They like to convince each other to go buy J Dawgs for them.
About how much they hate boys---there are particular people who like to just bash the male sex. It's kind of entertaining.
About how Audrey doesn't talk---that's just because it's more fun to listen to them.
The strange girls that ask them out---.....haha.....
Life--life is a really popular subject among the service desk.
School---kind of a given..seeming how we're AT school.
The flavors of taffy that are in my candy jar---that's pretty explainable.

That's a pretty good idea of what happens here. I have failed to remember more, but I think I will start keeping a list of what I hear. And the fun part, is that most of them, don't realize I'm listening...not that I'm TRYING to. But how can you not, when you're all sitting within 7 feet of each other, just on the computer.

Stairs: Did you know there are over 40,000 stairs on campus? That's a lot. And walk up and down them so many times a day, I'm actually losing weight because of it. No joke. In order to get to just ONE of my classes, I hike up 76 stairs,  then down 76 stairs. Crazy. Let's be honest, if it weren't for the stairs, I wouldn't get much exercise. Which, wouldn't be good. End of story.

Deanna Durbin: After a one of the most awful nights of my life on Wednesday, Deanna Durbin was the ONLY thing that got my through the next day. Thank the heavens.

Chick Flicks: They are a blessing and a curse. Blessing, because it's the only way I get romance. And oh how I love it. I just dive right into it and live in bliss for a couple of hours. A curse, because it reminds me I'm single and that I will be forever.......haha..jk. Exaggeration tends to occur in things like this. I just keep watching them. :)

FLASH MOB!!!: I was in a freaking flash mob. FLASH MOB. At BYU. 6,000 students dancing suddenly in the middle of the second half. Best. Day. Ever. In. My. Life. No. Joke. Flash. Mob. FLASH MOB!!

High School friends----> SM KC KM AT TL BG SB. That's all that needs to be said.

Up Next on Audge---> Tribute to her Cougars

Song of the Day: I Get a Kick Out of You---Frank Sinatra            

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. ok your blog is darling! i didn't even know!! you are soo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Audge! I know you don't know me very well...but I stalk your blog and its great! Haha. Anyways...a tip of advice/something to make you feel better? Speaking from a girl who is also growing out her hair, it doesn't work very well if you never cut it. They say you should trim it every 10-12 weeks to get rid of split ends and such (assuming that you use some type of heat for your hair, and if you don't--then ignore this). It won't grow if its unhealthy. Just don't cut it too short :) Haha I hope you don't think this is annoying and weird that I'm saying this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah, not at all!! Thanks so much!! And of course I know you! Thanks for reading my blog. Yeah, I've been needing to get a trim really bad. I just need to find time to get to a salon. Super bad!

    ReplyDelete