Beginning of the End
Part 1
College. The big LOOMING, ever present, HAUNTING, taunting College. One day. And I'll be there. How did this happen?? This week holds much. I start my college ventures. My sister starts high school. My other sister starts junior high. My OTHER sister starts 1st grade. And my brother......well...he doesn't really start anything I guess. :) The summer is coming to a close. Oh what joys, sorrows, adventures, and love it has held. From getting attacked by bugs in the mountains to watching an entire new Deanna Durbin collection to saying goodbyes to friends that you never thought would leave. This summer has been the ultimatum. I could not have asked for a more fulfilling and wonderful summer. Part of me wishes it would never have to end. Part of me is excited to start the awfully big adventure of College. And part of me just doesn't know what to think. It's a state of mind that is entirely new to me, and I don't know how to handle it. Saying goodbye to friends that have become as close to me as sisters is not an easy thing. Saying goodbye to my family (even though I'll see them) is heartbreaking. Saying goodbye to my bed that has comforted me not only through sleep, but through homework study sessions, through friend talks, through moments of sadness that no one else has ever witnessed. I just hope and pray that college will treat me well. And to my dear friends going north-south-east-west, be safe and don't forget me.
Part 2
Now I'll tell you that this part is COMPLETELY unrelated to Part 1. It is merely something that Erika Bunker and myself have recently felt very passionately about. We have found a part of our hearts that has been hidden from us. A part that is totally and fully dedicated to wonderfully good-looking and romantic men of the 1930's and 40's movies. Nothing can compare to the feelings we get when we see them romance a beautiful women on screen with such smoothness and delicacy. They know how to do it. Men like, Don Taylor, Gene Kelly, Robert Cummings, and Robert Stack. And we wish men these days would take a lesson. Yes. It's true that because of the great number of old romance movies we have watched that our expectations of men have sky-rocketed through the roof. But hey, we have no control over these desires. It's just how the cookie crumbles with us. :)


0 comments