Connections

Connections. To join, link, or fasten together; unite or bind. They are everywhere. Rope connections. Phone connections. Internet connections. Rainbow connections. You just can't hide from them. But to me, one of the more important connections, one that I have been contemplating of late, is that of friends. At this point in my life, and I'm sure the lives of many other teenagers, friends are who we are. They are who influence the most. That 'connection' is what defines who we will eventually become in the social world. They can be the best thing that happens to us, and the worst. The type of person(s) that you choose to connect with depend almost entirely on yourself. And through those decisions pulls out either the best or worst of ourselves.
I, myself, have been DEEPLY blessed to have such truly wonderful friends. They have taught me how to have fun. How to let loose. How to cry. How to love myself. And a bunch of other "How to"s. I mean if you just LOOK at the picture seen above, you can see the greatest written across our faces. They are ones you can be yourself with. That I believe defines what true friends are. With college knocking on our doors, we are holding onto this summer tightly. Not only have I spent years playing around and being silly with them, but I have shared some of the greatest moments of my life with them. To add a cheesy, yet meaningful quote to express what i mean, listen to the words of an unknown wise man: “Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.”

I LOVE MY FRIENDS!!!
1 comments
AUDREY I LOVE YOU!!! & that quote, i love that too! :) i miss you dear! call me!
ReplyDelete