I'm Grateful.

By 11/25/2015 , , , ,

I'm The older I get, the more I realize how absolutely wonderful my life is. Stick me in adult life and BAM. Perspective. 


So this year, in contemplating what I'm most grateful for, I've narrowed it down to a few things. 

 
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, no to have my senses put in order." 
John Burroughs
I have always had a love and appreciation for this beautiful earth we live on. Always. But in the past year I've grown to love it even more. I've been to places I've never seen and only dreamed of and its only greatned my love for nature. When I'm surrounded by beautiful scenery, I feel....connected. To myself. To the earth. To my Father in Heaven who created such a beautiful place. It's one of the most rejuvanating experiences a person can have. I'm grateful to be so closely surrounded by such beauty, and to have had the opportunity to experience beauty on a different side of the world. 





"Surround yourself with people that reflect who you want to be and how you want to feel, energies are contagious." Rachel Wolchin 
People. It's a weird kind of thing to be grateful for, I know. But I am just blessed in who I am surrounded by. The chance we have to meet, connect and grow relationships with so many different kinds of people is such a blessing! There are so many good people in this world who have had experiences that we can all learn and grow from. I am always on the lookout for new things and ways to improve myself, and I've found one of the best ways to do that is through....people. You can learn a lot from one 30 minute conversation with a person. DO IT. You won't regret it. :) 



I Believe 
Out of the billions of people who live and have lived on this earth, I often wonder how I got so lucky to live in a free country where I can practice and live the religious beliefs I have. I don't know what I would do with my life if I didn't have the gospel in my life. It pushes me. It directs me. It believes in me. It is....me. The love and faith my Heavenly Father has in me, and vice versa, is something I could not live without. What a blessing I have to have the fullness of the gospel and to be able to live it so freely. 

"Your future is as bright as your faith." Thomas S. Monson 
We're all worried about our futures at some point right? We go through stages of different kinds of worry. For me, I've always looked to the future. I'm a big picture thinker. I like to have forseeable goals so attain. But I've hit a point in my life where I have no idea what's to come. But......I've learned to be really grateful for that. It gives me a lot of excitement at times when I think about what lies ahead. Adventures of every kind; traveling, my own family, motherhood, service opportunities. I don't know what order they may come in, or how they will come, but I'm grateful I have a future that looks bright to me. I'm grateful I have a Heavenly Father that is looking out for me and will help me do the best things for ME. 

I have so much to be thankful for. I've been blessed immensely, more then I ever could have imagined. 

So eat some turkey and pumpkin pie, but don't forget what it's really about. :) 




 

You Might Also Like

0 comments