Be Okay
In the last week I was introduced to a new song. And I fell hard and fast. Because it is my new swan song. I just love music that is not only catchy, but describes exactly what I feel and can't express it in a proper or humanly acceptable way.
Let me introduce you to the band Oh Honey and the song "Be Okay". Have a listen.
1. Do you not feel at least a little happier?
2. You bobbed your head at least once. I just know it.
I'm always on the look out for great new discoveries like this. Things that make me happy and remind me WHY I'm happy.
Now, I'll be the first to admit it......I'm a dreamer. I can't help it. I dream about what my future will be like. I dream about my future kids. I dream about my lovely decorated living room. I dream about kissing Chris Pine. Wait what? *cough* Never. I would never do that.....
But, like the song says, "I'm wide awake, so what's the point of dreaming when your life is great?"
I think it's easy to get caught dreaming. It's not a bad thing. We all have hopes and desires, things that we think would be wonderful. Like how I think women's legs should never grow hair. That would be fantastic. #eternalsmoothness
But seriously. There are things right here and right now that are absolutely wonderful and happy. And instead of thinking of things that you don't have now and can't obtain, think of things you CAN do. It could be as simple as buying those Dove Peanut Butter chocolates or setting a goal for yourself that you want to accomplish. Because honey, everything is okay.
Life is so full of endless things that we can do and experience. Yeah, I know it's full of hard things as well. But...frankly, that's why we were sent here. To do hard things. And to OVERCOME them. Because we can. So why not choose to be happy while we do it. It certainly sounds more inviting then moping about and sinking into the pit of despair. *The PIT of Despaaaaaiiirrr*
That being said, I also believe it's okay to feel the pressure and weight of those things that come upon us. We can't all be superman. It's okay to have those hard days. Take some time for yourself. REAL time. Yeah, you go and watch Netflix for 6 hours in your PJ's. Eat what you want. Hang with the bros. Watch Sports Center all day and forget that homework that's due monday (okay.....maybe you shouldn't do that....but...meh..#yolo). It's just the process of getting yourself up after you've given yourself time to, for lack of a better word, "grieve", that needs to happen.
Nothing really ever goes exactly as we plan. But we'll be okay.
I'm one of the biggest proponents of being happy. Believe in happy things. I love that quote from Audrey Hepburn. Oh look...I found a pin of it.
I believe in true happiness.
I believe in painting your nails every week.
I (do) believe in fairies.
I believe in the therapy of screaming at sporting events.
I believe in walking.
I believe in browsing humorous pins on Pinterest.
I believe in close friends.
I believe in achieving goals.
I believe in beautiful things.
I believe in dressing each day as if it could be the best day of your life.
I believe sisterhood.
I believe in reading books endlessly.
I believe in being okay.
0 comments