two thousand 11
I can't believe another year is gone. Who knew we could survive another one!? It's always fun to look back and see what the previous year brought you. Who you met. What you did. Where your life went. So I guess I better get started.
In no particular order.....just how my mind remembers it:
1. Experienced the greatest BYU basketball season in school history. Jimmer. Jackson. You will forever have effected my basketball fandom.
2. Successfully finished my first year of college. Amazing right?
3. Began my 2nd year as a college student, and still moving forward.
4. Worked all...summer....long. Rough.
5. Welcomed home my first missionary friends! Super exciting :)
6. Enjoyed my last year as a an official teenager.
7.Became a gospel doctrine teacher, and learned SO MUCH.
8.My my phone for the first time. And I didn't just break it. A gigantic truck ran it over.
9.My Harry Potter childhood came to a close with the installment of the final movie. But...the magic will never end.
10. Discovered a hidden love for The Beatles!! Thanks Rachel!
11.Greatly enhanced my love for old movies and TV shows with my bestie Erika!!
12. Experienced friends getting married. Such a thrilling and new thing!
13. Became an absolute fanatic of Kid History with my roomies :)
14. Pinterest. Pinned.
15. discovered chocolate in a mug. Savannah :)
16. Mattress sleepovers with Erika!!
17. Got rid of my acne forever. Forever. FOREVER. Do you understand that? It's great.
18. Riley Nelson saved my football season enthusiasm.
19. Went major shopping in Park City, and ended up driving to Wyoming in the process....not on purpose. But definitely gained quite the memories with Janelle and Kenzi.
20. Became besties with Savannah Slate. Basically she's awesome. :)
21. Becca Goff. You are my other HALF. No joke. Oh the times we have had and will have!
22. Became AWESOME at volleyball. Yeah, that's probably an exaggeration...but...no one needs to know that. ;)
23. Had front row seats to Jimmer and Jackson's final game at the Marriott Center. There were tears.
24. Gained a stronger sense of who I am, and what I want to do, and where I want to go with my life. Because lets be honest......I had no idea what to do with my life before.
25. Realized how absolutely lucky I am with the friends I have. Serious. They are all amazing individuals, and have touched my life in some way for good.
26. Loved my family so much more then I even did before.
27. Gained a greater testimony of the gospel and all that it has done for me.
28. Became a better person.
29. Learned what I need to work on this year to become better then before!!
*Is it bugging you that there are 29 things, and not 30? ;)
It's been a good year. It really has. But, as always, I'm ready to move on, and start anew.
And yes...I did the iconic and somewhat rhetorical act of making new years resolutions. Not really for the sake of the post, but my own mind. It will seem more real for me, ya know? So most of you can stop now if you like.
First: To read my scriptures every single day. Now don't get me wrong, I read the pretty regularly, but every now and then I'll miss a day, or two. But I want to do better and gain a greater testimony of the scriptures!
Second: Go to the temple more often. I need to do this.
Third: Eat no sugar (treats basically, candy etc.) for the whole semester. And if that goes well, I'll continue. ;)
Fourth: Find ways to serve others consistently. I love serving others, but with school and work, sometimes I forget, just because of time! I want to do better and serving those around me.
That's all I've come up with. I can't get too ahead of myself, or the same thing happens.....I don't get ANY of them done. Figures.
Well...Happy 2012!
And I hope you like the new look! It was time to move on from Christmas.
Song of the Day: When She Loved Me---Sarah McLachlan
0 comments