Point of No Return
I can't take this. I CAN'T.
If you would like to refer to my post in November before HP part 1, you will get a taste of what i'm feeling now.
I just finished re-reading the 7th book. In preparation, obviously.
Can I just say I am sitting here in my chair, legitimately on the brink of an outburst. The intense feelings I have towards Harry Potter right now is unmatchable.
The only time I can think of ever recently feeling this intense about something was the BYU vs. San Diego basketball game in Provo during school. The entire day I could not get my mind off of it. I couldn't stand it. Anyways, this post isn't about basketball.....Harry Potter.
It is unbelievable to me that one woman can create such an intricate world. A world that has become so real to me, and the entire world, that I still wait for the day that I will find out it is real.
She created characters that I could attach to. I can put myself in various characters places, and i can see where they are coming from. It's like i've grown with them.
It's an odd thought, to think that it all ends tonight. After waiting for Harry Potter my entire life, it's all coming to an end. Waiting for books. Waiting for movies. Younger and older, but especially my generation, has grown up with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. We were little kids with them. We seen them through this adventure. Their trials. Their heartaches. Their pain. Their happiness. Their awkward teenage years. And now, finally, we will see if all their efforts have been worth it. There are few characters in books that I feel really attached to.
But I can truly and honestly tell you right now, these characters are engraved in me.
Hagrid: one who was with Harry from the very beginning.
Professor McGonagall: Though terse at times, always did her best to teach and protect Harry.
The Weasleys: I would have immediately chosen them as my adopted family. Hands down.
![]() |
| The really bad hair movie. |
Lupin: Someone I always admired. He showed up at the right time, teaching Harry things that were essential to his life. He overcame terrible things, and was a great man.
Fred (sniff) & George: Thank you boys, for never failing to make me roll over on the floor with laughter.
Neville: You brave man. Save Harry, Ron and Hermione, you are the one person I am so proud of. To see what you were when you came to Hogwarts and what you became in the 7th year is unlike anything else. I tip my hat to you.
![]() |
| A return to better hair. |
Professor Dumbledore: To the man with enormous power, yet humble intentions. The man who made Harry truly feel like he was worth something. The man who Harry always and will forever look to and admire and defend. The man with the half moon spectacles and sparkling blues eyes. You will never be gone (or dead) as long as there are those loyal to you. I will always be loyal.
![]() | |
| And here we are..... |

Ron: The redhead. The kind goofy, good at bringing up the horrid details best friend. Scared stiff of spiders. Wizard chess champion. Boy who first befriended Harry Potter. The one who Harry could enjoy a good laugh with. The one who may seem hesitant at first, but pressed on. (Don't worry, I forgive you for leaving). You became a man as well. You cared for you two best friends, family, and others just as much as Harry and Hermione. You're the greatest.

Hermione: Let's be honest, if it wasn't for you, Harry would be dead. By the second book at the latest. You prodded, pushed, and pulled the two boys you had to deal with on so many occasions. But they were always grateful. What I wouldn't give for a mind like yours. You stayed with Harry every second. You never left him. You suffered just as much as they did. I cannot imagine having to send my parents away, memories erased of my existence. You studied, researched, and learned anything and everything that could be useful to not just you, but Harry. You never gave up on Harry. You never let him give up. And the entire wizarding world has you to thank for that. 
Harry: The Boy Who Lived. The Chosen One. No. A lot of the time you were just a normal boy. Yes, you may have had the entire existence of the wizarding world on your shoulders, ha, but you didn't let that bother you. You stayed true to yourself. If i had to pick a superhero to be, it would probably be you. Your ultimate caring and love for others before yourself is amazing. The things you experienced just by the age of 14 are remarkable. The things you were able to handle, and juggle around astound me. You were nagged by people, stared at in the hallways, attacked, abused, had close encounters with death multiple times, and all the while still did school. And did pretty decently if you ask me. Yeah, I couldn't do that. I can barely handle school alone. Harry, you will always be The Boy Who LIVES in my eyes.There you have it folks. Yeah, that may have sounded a bit too strange. But, for those of you passionate fans, you will understand and feel what I am feeling. The rest of you can laugh. But it won't change anything.
Good luck tonight Harry.
Song of the Day: Hedwig's Theme---John Williams (brilliant man)



2 comments
"Facebook like." -A lot. :)
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Bless your heart.
ReplyDelete