Astronomically Amazing Weekend
I cannot describe to you the greatness of my weekend. Cannot. The following post will merely be an attempt. Nothing more. Nothing less. Please, enjoy it as much as humanly possible for you.
Friday
Friday i had a test. C.S. Lewis test. i was dreading it for days. but nonetheless got it over with. As a reward, Kenzi, Pricilla and I purchased Subway for dinner. So good. And while this took place, an attractive man talked to Audrey. Why does that NEVER get old? Honestly. It's too great.
Anywhoo, afterwards Kenzi and I purchased delicious creamery ice cream. And went to the HFAC to see the Magic Flute. Mozart's only opera. And there's good reason for that. It's hilarious. Good music. Strange plot. Very Mozart-ish. After this, Kenzi and I went to walmart. Then went back to her apartment and ate pop-tarts. And quoted the ENTIRE "Boys Will Be Girls" youtube video. Literally. It's so funny that I don't understand why it's so funny. I then went to bed.
Saturday (This is Big)
Saturday. Oh my. First off. I slept in until 9:45 (which actually isn't that late, but I had no choice). Showered. Got ready for football game which started a 12. But the best thing was that KATIE MICKELSON came down from BYU-I this weekend and was just sitting in Becca's apartment, and told me to get over there. So I went and chatted. And then we went to my apartment and i had breakfast while she ate 3 pieces of toast. Noticing that it was pouring rain outside, decided it was as good a time as ever to walk to the game. So Jaren, Katie and I walked to the stadium, which involved crossing dangerous rivers reaching our knees. Once the destination was reached, we were, in a word, wet. As we physically sat down in our seats, it stopped raining. Stopped. ceased. ended. And did not start again until Katie and I were running back to Wyview. The gospel is true. That's all I can say.
Once safely back in my apartment, we threw off our soaked shoes and socks, changed into warm, dry clothes and proceeded to thaw our feet in the hot bath tub--bath salts included. We then massaged lotion into them and snuggled in blankets. But soon, Katie needed to go visit a friend in Heritage Halls. So Becca, Katie, and I drove over there. Katie went inside, and I slept in the car with my giant quilt and warm feet, and listened to the sound of rain on the car.
Next. Becca dropped us off back at my apartment and Katie and I played cards, and colored, while listening to David Archuleta's beautiful new CD. Nothing I say or write can describe the beautifulness of this music. Go listen to The Other Side of Down. Tacy soon joined us and she proclaimed to us that she wanted to get her ears pierced. After recovering from the shock that overcame us, we all hoped in Tacy's car and went to the mall. And believe it or not folks, Tacy Rae LeBaron did it. She pierced her ears. And she looks lovely. We were all too excited to do anything else but smile and laugh. I also purchased a new jacket and headbands (because I love them). We then went back to my apartment to find Janelle (De Groot) Becca (Goff) and Jerika waiting for us with some wonderful dinner that Becca's mom made for us. *WE LOVE HER*. We ate food. Laughed. Talked. Made fun of Audrey. Made fun of Katie. Ate more food. And then decided to watch a movie: Pride and Prejudice. Which was half watched, since we were all kinda talking with one another. 12:30 came around and Audrey decided it was a good time to work on her lesson she had to teach in Sunday School the next day. And Kenzi and I needed to do laundry. So yes......until 2:30 in the morning we did our laundry while working on a lesson and doing homework. At 3:14 am I went to bed.
Good Day.
Sunday
Technically, my sunday started at 2:30 in the morning. by doing laundry. but that doesn't count. so i went to church. taught a lesson that apparently went fairly well. Which is a relieving feeling to say the least. Oh and my partner Dylan (dIE-lin) did a wonderful job as well. I can't deny that. :) He's awesome. And then I went home in the rain. Then had a snack with my roommates and then took a 3 1/2 hour nap. Yup. Read it and weep. It was the best thing of my life. I need more sleep. College crushes hopes of that. And then our home teachers came over, and they are, to say it simply, wonderful. Couldn't ask for better. I made chicken noodle soup and biscuits. Delicious. Talked to my mom. Went to ward prayer. and now me and my roommates+Tacy are going to watch pride and prejudice. Good stuff.
May the force be with you until again we meet...
Song of the Weekend: GNO---Miley Cyrus
0 comments