Audrey Suzzanne Ogden: Definition? Continue Reading...
Well, I think as a first good post, the world needs to know a little about me. Let's see if the good morning air and stir up some creative juices to make me sound as interesting as possible. ;)
I am the oldest of five children. I have three younger sisters, Sarah (15), Hannah (11), Amelia (6) and one brother, Andrew (3). They are, in a word, the best siblings on the planet. Loud at times, but, you can't have everything. My mom is older then my dad by one year. My mother is a magnificent chef, and i have never gone hungry or been bored by food. My father loves the outdoors like no one else does. He could fish, hike, backpack, and camp for his whole life if my mother would let him. They are great parents, and they have dealt well with their first teenager and graduate of high school. My entire extended family on both sides are wonderful and complete opposites of each other. Haha, it's quite nice actually, it makes me feel like I can get-along with lots of different types of people. They are very supportive and loving, and have been my whole life. I love them deeply.
I have moved several times (3 to be exact) during the course of my life. Being the oldest, I have moved the most. I went to 3 different elementary schools, and never stayed in one place longer then 3 1/2 years, until we moved to Highland, Utah, which we have now occupied for almost 9 years. It's nice to have known people for so long here. But moving was a great thing for me. I had to learn to make new friends all the time, which forced me out of the unsocial world. I have many great memories as a child, and that's partly thanks to moving so much.
Ever since the wee age of a kindergarten, I have always loved school. I thrived in it, and it always came......easy to me. I could finish an assignment before anyone, have it all right, and be ready to help the teacher with whatever they needed (I was also frequently a teachers pet by default). I strived to go the extra mile continually, mostly because I was bored with the original assignment, and so I guess the teachers liked that. Haha, school was easy, until high school started. I took much more advanced classes, thus challenging me. But by halfway through my junior year, I had adjusted well, and even more rigorous classes would became easier for me to handle. I love learning. Especially history and English. They both fascinate me greatly. I love discussing things, and hearing what other people think, but I also love just hearing of the great events of our country, or even the not so great events. Everything has it's purpose in history. That's what I love about it.
Let's see....what else?? My favorite color is purple. I love...music! oh heavens, how could I forget music? Music has been apart of my life since infancy. Okay, that's exaggerating just a bit. I always loved music, but it didn't really BECOME me until the age of 9, when I started taking piano lessons. I absolutely LOVED the piano, and I quickly advanced in little over a year. By the time I was in 8th grade, I was accompanying choirs and doing more advanced competitions. I had progressed so quickly, that my new teacher that i started with when I moved was astonished when I told her how long I had taken. I got better and better, and but then once high school began, my life became 10x busier. And thus I couldn't dedicate the hours that I previously had to the piano. I will tell you that this saddened me greatly. I look back now, and if I hadn't been so involved with multiple other things, I would probably be a LOT more advanced then I am. But alas, what's done is done. Now I'm not saying that I quit piano, no, I kept lessons up until this last May. And i DID progress, just not as much as I probably could have. But I still love the piano passionately, and I hope to continue with it all my life. I have a great appreciation for good music. And the awful things that people listen to these days just sickens me sometimes. Oh well.
I recently have graduated from Lone Peak High School (the best school in Utah if you ask me) and am currently awaiting my time for BYU this fall. I have worked SO hard to get there, I can't even begin to describe it. Since probably the age of 4, I have promised myself that I would go there. Not because both my parents did, or that we were DIE HARD fans forever, although, that had an effect. haha, but because I thought it would have the best opportunities for me. And I grew up loving the school greatly. Nothing made me happier then getting my acceptance letter, and thinking all the long hours and busyness had finally paid off. I am SOOO excited for college, and learning new things at a higher level. I'll admit, i'm DOUBLY excited for the social scene. But hey! Who isn't? I have decided to go into American Studies as my major which is History and English combined. Since I love both of them so much, I figured it was a good option. I really would like to become a researcher with it, but who knows what will happen in the future. It will be fun to get out into the world.
Well, just a few more things. I love nature, thanks to my father, and have been on multiple fishing/camping trips, as WELL as several backpacking trips! Yup, that's right, a girl can do that ya know. I love to read, thanks to my mother. I love good literature. Romance, to action, to historical fiction, fantasy, pretty much anything you throw at me, I'll read it. Also thanks to my mom, I'm a fast reader, which has been a blessing in school, and in late night decisions to read a whole book. haha, I can get lost in books, and that's what I love the most. I'm also an avid movie watcher. My family and I are the champs at quoting obscure movies, because, well, we watch them! I love oldies like Gene Kelly, Deanna Durbin, Doris Day, all those great stars, but I can also love new ones. I also love to draw. Haha, not many people know that. I have loved art since a young age as well, but for some reason didn't take classes until high, where i took an honors class, and the AP art class twice. Its just another mode of release for me. It's where my creativity can stem a lot of the time, and I just love it. haha I want to be a mom, sooo much! and have a lovely little family for myself. I continually look forward to the day (the day that is far away in the future i might add) when I meet the attractive man of my dreams. :)
Okay, that was long, but there you have it! There is the definition of Audrey Suzzanne Ogden.
0 comments